5484RE: [Precolumbian_Inscriptions] Re: Oxygen level over 30% ?

  • Shankar's Auction Service
    Mar 1, 2005

      Hi Luis, hi everybody,

      Yes you are right, there are lifeforms living at an ambient pressure of over 500 bar = 5000 metres under the sea, and when the latest news are correct then we cam find lifeforms even in Mariana Trench at over 1000bar.

      However, the lifeforms look very peculiar to us and there is little known about their evolutionary state. I expect that the new Mars Mission findings of water and life forms will bring a little more light into this issue – provided that the findings are not “tailored”, just to please some institution or politician.

      Well I don’t know the exact depths – or simulated depths in a pressure chamber – which have been reached so far. We were at 225 metres = 22.5bar under a mixed atmosphere of oxygen (0.22bar), nitrogen (0.44bar) and Helium (21.84bar) for over one hour, back in 1974 in an experimental chamber. ( It took us almost a week to get out from this chamber, by careful decompression. Not a nice experience at all!

      In offshore business divers are living under condition of saturation (of nitrogen and helium) over 200metres = 20 bar for almost a month, but since it is confined within pressure chambers, which they only leave in pressurized diving bells (chambers), it is a very hard job.

      Anyway, I presume that after a certain time of acclimatisation humans could live under these conditions, provided the oxygen level (partial pressure) of around 0.2bar is maintained.

      Best regards

      Claus Oldag

      671 24 68, 665 2683, 760 72 80 cell