12153Fw: [Ancient-Mysteries] az megaflood

    May 9, 2014

      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Saturday, May 10, 2014 1:21 AM
      Subject: Re: [Ancient-Mysteries] az megaflood

          i should add that the former basin rim of the huge lake appears to have been just north of horseshoe bend canyon.  when it was tilted or burst its rim, the power if the great flood south, wiped all traces of the earlier event.  up to 3,000 feet of limestone debris was scooped out and swept away.  that left the immense deep fan just south of horseshoe bend.  imagine the power of the flood to have done that.  the river could not have cut the deep fan.  do you see and follow me?

      Sent: Saturday, May 10, 2014 12:05 AM

          i gave my reasons in the original post.  look over closely the post after that one, showing a screenshot of the buck farm canyon.  its easily seen that the river didnt carve that, instead it was surface flooding and run-off.  the same causes apply to horseshoe bend and the grand canyon, both nearby.  i say both ways, since seawater tsunamis rushed north, leaving huge basins of water, that later flooded south.  since the colorado river could not have carved all the canyons, and the mesas, leaving all of the salt, alternative causes must be sought.
         the two events that i have hypothesized can explain the past destruction.  we are left to wonder what will cause the coming inundation that cayce predicted.

      Sent: Friday, May 09, 2014 5:18 PM

      Mike, can you explain to me what you see when you look at Horseshoe bend that makes you think it was eroded from both directions and from the rim. I live near there and have stood at the top and floated along the river below and have seen nothing that would make me think that. As in other places along the river it appears that the river cut through the least resistant sandstone, and the cliffs all along that area all appear to be fairly sharply edged. I just would like to be able to walk up to the bend and see what you see.
      MmIKE CAN YOU EX
      On Monday, April 28, 2014 12:37 AM, mike white <michael.white511@...> wrote:

         please use your own eyes to examine the erosion of horseshoe bend az, a few miles below glen canyon dam.  its easy to see that it was eroded from both directions, as well as run-off over the rim.

      Sent: Monday, April 28, 2014 2:26 AM
      Subject: [Ancient-Mysteries] az megaflood

         the headline says the megaflood cause for the grand canyon was debunked.  however, when you read the geologist's article, he merely states it was not caused by a dam break in hopi lake.
         the professor didnt include fieldwork in the grand canyon, examining the patterns of erosion.  another geologist did this study in the canyon, and stated there was no doubt but massive floodwaters are responsible for cutting most of the grand canyon, and incredibly the floods flowed in both directions!  of course, the colorado river could only cut a bed gradually in one direction.  let those who would dispute this, search for the other report themselves, it was years ago, and i forgot his name.  he was probably discredited, but his findings still stand.  to our lads, a hypothesis fails if a source for the floods is not named.
         the experts fail to consider vertical plate movements, poleshifts, and massive tsunamis caused by cosmic impacts in the sea.  they love to cite theories given by the experts of the past, even if they lack substance, but new ideas are rejected offhand.  the earth sciences need to do some house cleaning, examine their facts more closely, and do a retake on all that was swept under the rug.
         they should reconsider the causes listed above.  look for evidence to determine if the floods were caused by fresh or salt water.  stop insisting that such events had to have been many mya, without proof.
         there may have been a huge lake in the southwest as recently as 12,000 years ago.  phylos spoke of it, but thought it was fresh.  like titicaca, an inland sea, caught in a basin, accumulates fresh water atop the heavier salt water, and can mislead folks as to its origin.  plates can uplift, drop, and tilt, and can do all three in a series of events.  the plate drops, the sea rushes inland, then an uplift traps water in a basin, then during a quake the plate is tilted, allowing the water to flood off.

         the good professor claimed more than his results merited.  i never thought for a minute that the great flood came from above the mogollon rim.  i think only the sea could account for the flood erosion seen in ut, az, and nv.  then, only by a sudden major event, such as a terribly high tsunami, or large vertical plate movements.  the event is likely connected with the megafauna deposits swept into alaska.  the date may lie between 11,000 bce and 3000 bce.
         its certainly an anomaly requiring deeper study to determine what has caused the distinct signs of massive flood erosion in recent geological times in the southwestern usa, now a high desert.