      Sent: Monday, April 28, 2014 8:36 AM
      Subject: [Ancient-Mysteries] Google Earth Image - ancient flood [1 Attachment]

         here we have a screenshot of the region above and below horseshoe bend az.  the riverbed above has not cut as deep or wide as that below horseshoe bend az.
         in arid lands, a river loses volume thru evaporation along its course.  we might expect it to be deeper and wider upstream, than below, but this isnt the case.  it appears to have been an inland sea trapped in a basin, with fresh water flowing into it.  the former shore benches can be traced.  a river flowing into a lake doesnt cut a deeper bed.
         below horseshoe bend, one can see how the bed fanned-out, wider and deeper, as if a much larger flood was involved.  there may have been two separate sea basins, one mainly in utah, the other in az and nm.  when they cut thru their dams, great floods of water were released.  during a quake the rock may have cracked, or vertical plate movement was involved.  this could have released floods from the basins.
         the grand canyon was likely eroded from the inrush of seawater from an older event, and further eroded from its run-off.  then again later when the huge volume of water escaped from the basins.
         much remains unknown of the causes for these events, and the dramatic climate change in the region.  chaco canyon had been well-watered and fertile fairly recently, to have supported the anazasi culture.  today it is arid and inhospitable.
         our lads seem to be in error on when the rocky mts uplifted.  this fallacy adds to the confusion.  the salt river floods that still occur erratically are also puzzling.  the hohokam prospered around tempe for a long period, before some event ruined the land, forcing them to relocate to poverty point la.
         as far as im concerned, the colorado river alone cannot account for the massive flood erosion seen in the grand canyon.  the surface above the rim also shows flood erosion.
         i toured the region personally, to form these conclusions.

      mike

      Google Earth streams the world over wired and wireless networks enabling users to virtually go anywhere on the planet and see places in photographic detail.  This is not like any map you have ever seen.  This is a 3D model of the real world, based on real satellite images combined with maps, guides to restaurants, hotels, entertainment, businesses and more.  You can zoom from space to street level instantly and then pan or jump from place to place, city to city, even country to country.

      Get Google Earth.  Put the world in perspective.

      (http://earth.google.com)