    Apr 11, 2014

      Following the southern Silk Road, the French ultimately inherited their exquisite cuisine from Xian, China.

      Nick

      On Apr 12, 2014 3:01 PM, "mike white" <michael.white511@...> wrote:

         using google earth, i followed roads, some now expressways, then camel caravan routes, from xi'an all the way to istanbul.  this may have been one of the silk roads.  modern roads often follow ancient routes.  this trail was carefully chosen, often following the rivers, passing some water sources that could have been man-made reservoirs.  the chinese may be correct in calling some of their pyramids 'turkish'.  the taklamakan desert has mummies that were europeans, some with red hair.  the traders may have been frisians.  homer spoke of greeks with blonde and red hair.  after the magyar arrived these features were less common.

      Sent: Friday, April 11, 2014 10:30 PM
      Subject: Re: [Ancient-Mysteries] Google Earth Placemark - xi'an pyramids

         for the unfortunates without google earth, this is what we saw.  this is a separate group of pyramids southeast of xi'an.  the others i saw were northwest of xi'an.
         i cannot believe these were an independent invention.  somebody had been to mexico, in my opinion.  like mexico, we might expect them to be tombs, and they could have records and relics.

      Sent: Friday, April 11, 2014 9:46 PM
      Subject: [Ancient-Mysteries] Google Earth Placemark - xi'an pyramids [1 Attachment]

      Google Earth streams the world over wired and wireless networks enabling users to virtually go anywhere on the planet and see places in photographic detail.  This is not like any map you have ever seen.  This is a 3D model of the real world, based on real satellite images combined with maps, guides to restaurants, hotels, entertainment, businesses and more.  You can zoom from space to street level instantly and then pan or jump from place to place, city to city, even country to country.

      Get Google Earth.  Put the world in perspective.

      (http://earth.google.com)

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic