12050Re: [Precolumbian_Inscriptions] ica stone curator

  • Vincent Barrows
    Nov 4, 2012
      Mike
      Thanks for sharing the detail on your trip and photo of the warehouse with dr Cabrera.

      Schuster also described use of continuous lines in other tribal art and discussed the ancestrial symbolism. He showed each line as heritage, each point where the lines cross as a generation, and then showed the entire figure as a clan symbol. Where they part of an ancestral shrine?

      Did The Ica stones catalog include tablets? Did these relics appear to have similar manufacturing styles?

      On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 12:26 AM EDT mike white wrote:

      > this is the son of dr cabrera at warehouse number 2. he and his sister put lots of time, effort, and funds to preserve the ica stones. he gave me and my associates on the groups a warm welcome to visit his museum. its not always open, i tried for three days before catching an appointment. i had no luck by phone.
      > as stated before, the ica stones are created by continuous lines, like the figures at nazca. the nazca lines must imitate the technique of the older ica stones.
      > sr cabrera says he has 11,000 stones, but 50,000 ica stones were carried to other countries.
      > it was gratifying to hold a few stones in my hands, especially the first stone given to dr cabrera.
      > its a joke to think that anyone would create such a hoax, with so much labor, and so little return. im confident that they are true relics, but modern imitations probably can be bought.
      >
      >mike

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic