12041Re: Fw: [Ancient-Mysteries] andes

  • dcampbell75479
    Oct 17, 2012
      Hi, Sparky,
      Don't feel bad; I wasn't able to see a fraction of what I wanted to see in Egypt and the mountains of Germany due to health issues. To tell the truth, I might not have been able to see everything if I'd been 25 and in great shape. Those altitudes put a strain on even the young and the spry like my niece and her husband who hiked around the mountains around Machu Picchu and the Himalayas last year. You're doing great with what you're able. That site I think my friend was searching for I think is Iquique and other geoglyphs of the Atacama Desert in Northern Chile. The only terraced mountains I could locate in a quick search were those on the eastern slopes of the Andes, particularly Bolivia, where terraced farming is still in practice (I think they incorporate many of the ancient terraces in their contemporary farming.) I don't remember if there are sites where both terraced mountains and geoglyphs occur but it's been a long time since I reviewed this subject and my friend may have gotten separate sites mixed up. I can't recall any of the forested plateaus and buttes of Venezuela being artificially flattened offhand. The long flattened mountain that I saw recently was in a program devoted to Nazca but that does not necessarily mean that it was all that near to Nazca. Continue to enjoy your journeys and Don't Fall Off the Mountain!

      --- In Precolumbian_Inscriptions@yahoogroups.com, "mike white" <michael.white511@...> wrote:

      > hi david, all
      >
      > i waited too long, im having to miss sites that are too strenuous. no notes yet, but took pics. had some health issues get in the way.
      > flatten mt tops reminds me of venezuela. im not aware of the places you seek.
      > it was great to examine the huge blocks of sacsayhuaman close-up.

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic