11759Re: red river

  • sherm
    Jun 9, 2011
      Hello Mike, When I posted earlier my eye caught this post too.

      Is this the Red River that flowes north to Hudson Bay.
      A few years ago another reseacher and I noted what may have been outlines of crators in western minnesota. Very large but not deep.
      We speculated that a meteorite had hit the glacier.
      There is another near Roseau Minnesota too.

      What would the effect of a large imact be into a mile or more thick glacier?
      We have just returned from a trip across the floor of the Red River Valley in northern Minnesota.
      This was also the floor of glacial lake agassiz.
      The lower portion of the 'v'shaped lake was in westen minnesota and was 400 miles long and 50 to 100 miles wide.
      It is almost perfectly flat.

      The Red River had been flooding and it was very RED and muddy looking.

      Was the Redness also possibly a result from when the volcano under yellowstone last blew?

      And why is that ancient sea floor of lake agassiz so flat?
      thanks
      steve