11682Re: [Precolumbian_Inscriptions] fence

  • José Vergara
    Aug 12, 2010
      I can´t see the image. What format it is?

      El 12/08/2010, a las 16:30, mike white escribió:

         use google earth, north of el tajin, you can see the fence/wall along 3 sides of a rectangular space.  no river.  notice the sharp edges facing out on two levels.  an animal charging would trip, and fall onto the cutters.  we need to know the height of the cutting edges to guess what animals it was meant for.  it was meant to kill them, not just keep them out.  im thinking it wasnt for bison, as they were the cattle of the ancients.  even mammoth might be useful.  more likely it was meant to kill large predators.  i cant imagine it used on megafauna.  possibly it was used for large reptiles, which pushes the date far back.  in my opinion...

      Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2010 9:48 AM
      Subject: Re: [Precolumbian_ Inscriptions] fence

      Hmmm, "ideas" a cheap so I'll share one: Without being an engineer I can tell that it looks like a retaining wall, something that could be used, for example, to hold or divert water along a path. It would be interesting to know if there's a river or some other body of water nearby.

      Best,

      Luis Andrade

      On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 5:25 AM, mike white <infoplz@verizon. net> wrote:

         plz examine this ancient fence at el tajin near veracruz mexico.  any ideas on why it was built in this manner?

      LA GRAN GRECA, TAJÍN, VERACRUZ