      From: va_niav
      Sent: Sunday, May 09, 2010 10:42 PM
      Subject: [Precolumbian_Inscriptions] Re: tiwanaku

      http://www.world- mysteries. com/sar_8. htm

      The inscriptions on the back of the Pokotia statue define the role of the Putaki oracle in the community. It would appear that the people should recognize this oracle as a source of "truth" and glad tidings. Its additional role was to establish rigtheousness, wisdom and good character for the members of the community who might use this oracle to communicate with the gods.

      Throughout this inscription the Putaki oracle is called the "father". For example, in column 1, it was written that: "Proclaim the establishment of chracter. The strong father (Putaki) to send forth the divination". And, in column 4, we discover that [Putaki is] the father of wisdom (and) benefit (for all). This suggest that Putaki was recognized as the great ancestor of other oracles in the region.