11026Re: [Precolumbian_Inscriptions] book review : 'the incas' by cieza de leon

  • Rafael Andrés Escribano
    Jul 2, 2008
      Hi, Mike.

      Here's a few random and not so random comments:

      <<the old adage is very true i think, that the truth is stranger than fiction>>

      I think it's very true but I don't think it's that old. One of the first dictionaries to record it, as far as I know, is "The New Dictionary of Cultural Literacy" (2002) (http://www.bartleby.com/59/3/truthisstran.html). The idea, however, is probably very old.

      <<we only look for what we expect.>>

      I don't. I look both for what I expect AND for what I do not expect.

      <<those higher trained, are more prone to do this. >>

      Those who are badly trained may be. Those who are well trained are not. Your training is in our own hands unless we renounce that responsiblity.

      <<most of us do not expect canada to have ancient sites and advanced cultures, due to the present climate prevailing.>>

      I don't.

      <<- and in canada, may have the most exciting finds.  thousands of years ago, before our lads reckon the stone age, these places likely had better climates, and high cultures.>>

      It is always interesting to see who these "lads" are and who are their employers....

      <<it seems the white race is now leading>>

      To me, the contrary seems to be happening. For the last 2,000 years, at least, it seems to me, the white race has been made war against, with usury being the main and most "invisible" weapon of that war. We are seeing it now (especially since WW2) in the galloping inflation (a disguised modality of usury and expropriation) we are suffering. Not surprisingly, usury was until recently considered a sin, punished with excommunion by religious authorities, and with death by civil authorities --as it is portrayed, for example, in Cervantes works... And not only the white race, ALL races are the target of that war waged by a very astute minority of international bankers. 911 and its wake has been only an intensification of that war of expropriation and destitution of traditional communities...

      In good faith,

      Rafael

      On Jul 2, 2008, at 6:00 AM, mike white wrote:

         over halfway thru the book, but had some distractions.  im enjoying it as a primary source, but a little disappointed that so little was said on tiwannaku, etc.

         the old adage is very true i think, that the truth is stranger than fiction.  we only look for what we expect.  those higher trained, are more prone to do this.
         case in point is canada.  most of us do not expect canada to have ancient sites and advanced cultures, due to the present climate prevailing.  this kind of thinking has always kept the most wonderful sites from being found.  its the least expected places, that have the most exciting finds.  deep in the sahara, the gobi, or atacama deserts, high in the andes, and on the seafloors - and in canada, may have the most exciting finds.  thousands of years ago, before our lads reckon the stone age, these places likely had better climates, and high cultures.  the hostile conditions do not attract expeditions.  cayce said near hudson bay was a center of atlantis culture during its early period.
         it can be confusing locating atlantis, for we must specify the period to locate it correctly.  imho, the last period of atlantis was a reduced area around the bahamas.  however, 250,000 years before, atlantis may have been centered in areas like hudson bay and patagonia.  its location depended upon what land masses were above water, and located in a good climate.
         few will take my word, or cayce's on such things, but i relate it just for your consideration.  we all know what the experts say, so i air an alternative view.  we could be misled by the out-of-africa cradle of mankind.  numerous finds are already disproving it, and being ignored.  i tend to believe there were 5 cradles for the five races, with africa the cradle of the black race only.
         atlantis and lemuria were the most recent mother cultures, but they were not located where the races had their cradles.  i trust cayce on this, he gave the colorado plateau as the cradle of the red race, that reached its apex with the atlanteans after they moved away.
         the lemurians reached the high point for the brown race that had its cradle in what is now the andes.  im not sure the location of lemuria at its highest point, perhaps somewhere in the pacific basin.
         it seems the white race is now leading, but our golden age may have been circa 10,000 bce.  it had its cradle in the caucasus or carpathian region, but reached its apex in egypt.  not sure we will reach that high again before the yellow race ascends to the top.
         its possible that the yellow and black races reached their high point so long ago, that we have no record of it.  the white race may be last in line.  the mystics say we soon will enter the fifth root race, which suggests one of the others has yet to have its day, either the yellow or the black.
         so, there are many fields waiting to be conquered.  the best sites and finds are still unfound.  our own preconceived notions and theories blind us, and keep us from looking in the right places.  we stop digging far short of the best finds.   future explorers may one day find sites of an advanced culture of 10 mya.  seems farfetched now ...  it may be in the andes, az or utah.

      imho