Insurance Option

  • Andy Holcomb
    Message 1 of 27 , Jun 19, 2008
      The following message was posted on the Passfire (www.passsfire.com) forum
      this morning by Ned Gorski. I think we should explore this option.

      Passfirers,
      We all know that club and show insurance has been pretty much provided by a
      monopoly, and the costs have been non-negotiable.
      Recently some info came from a Bluegrass member that there was a new
      insurance alternative, and another member, David, followed up on it.
      It has saved him a lot of $, and it looks quite possible that it will save
      Bluegrass 3-4K on insurance next when our policy is up for renewal at the
      end of the year.
      I thought this info might be interesting to some of y'all.
      ned

      Ned:

      Ryder-Roasacker-McCue & Huston has been providing pyrotechnics insurance to
      some of the larger players for a number of years, but have, until recently,
      been cost-prohibitive for clubs and smaller operators. They have revised
      their business structure this year to provide an alternative to clubs and
      those of us on the smaller side. Their underwriter is based here in the
      States, so the quote and binding process is smoother and quicker than I have
      experienced in the past. I've been doing business with them for a little
      over a month now, and they strike me as extremely professional and
      dedicated. They are very responsive to emailed questions and concerns, and
      seem to be more honest and straightforward than I am accustomed to an
      insurer of any flavor being.

      I was able to obtain $2 million in coverage (double my previous coverage)
      for almost $4,000 cheaper than my premium last year. They are able to
      receive, process, and return Certificate of Insurance requests via email and
      within 24 hours, and their staff has been a joy to work with. They also
      offer financing.

      Tami Towne, CIC
      Ryder-Rosacker-McCue & Huston
      509 W Koenig St PO Box 1228
      Grand Island NE 68802
      Phone: 308-382-2330
      Fax: 308-382-7109

      Hope that's what you're looking for! So far, I'm quite pleased to have found
      an alternative, and am very satisfied with their level of service and
      efficiency of operation.

      Best,
      David
    • miabdia
      Message 2 of 27 , Jun 19, 2008
        Thanks Andy. LuAnn offered this same solution to the board back in
        April. We breathed a sigh of relief to know that our original
        estimates of insurance were going to come down a bunch based on the
        #'s that Ryder was offering. The fact remains that we will still be
        looking at about $4500-5k to properly insure our club for a year. We
        need a huge boost in memberships to do this. We currently have about
        1k in the bank and hopefully after this fireworks season in over we
        will have a whole bunch of potential members knocking at our door who
        want to get in the game.

        I am awaiting approval from a majority of the board to go ahead and
        start spreading out the promo flyer which can be found in the files
        section of this group. Once we get the go ahead, my dream is that
        everybody who walks up to the counter to pay for their wares at any
        fireworks stand in the area will leave the store with a flyer or at
        least the web address.
        Hans

        --- In PrairieThunderPyrotechnics@yahoogroups.com, "Andy Holcomb"
        <andrew_holcomb@...> wrote:

        > The following message was posted on the Passfire
        (www.passsfire.com) forum
        > this morning by Ned Gorski. I think we should explore this option.
        >

        > Passfirers,
        > We all know that club and show insurance has been pretty much
        provided by a
        > monopoly, and the costs have been non-negotiable.
        > Recently some info came from a Bluegrass member that there was a new
        > insurance alternative, and another member, David, followed up on it.
        > It has saved him a lot of $, and it looks quite possible that it
        will save
        > Bluegrass 3-4K on insurance next when our policy is up for renewal
        at the
        > end of the year.
        > I thought this info might be interesting to some of y'all.
        > ned
        >

        > Ned:
        >
        > Ryder-Roasacker-McCue & Huston has been providing pyrotechnics
        insurance to
        > some of the larger players for a number of years, but have, until
        recently,
        > been cost-prohibitive for clubs and smaller operators. They have
        revised
        > their business structure this year to provide an alternative to
        clubs and
        > those of us on the smaller side. Their underwriter is based here in
        the
        > States, so the quote and binding process is smoother and quicker
        than I have
        > experienced in the past. I've been doing business with them for a
        little
        > over a month now, and they strike me as extremely professional and
        > dedicated. They are very responsive to emailed questions and
        concerns, and
        > seem to be more honest and straightforward than I am accustomed to
        an
        > insurer of any flavor being.
        >
        > I was able to obtain $2 million in coverage (double my previous
        coverage)
        > for almost $4,000 cheaper than my premium last year. They are able
        > receive, process, and return Certificate of Insurance requests via
        email and
        > within 24 hours, and their staff has been a joy to work with. They
        also
        > offer financing.
        >
        > Tami Towne, CIC
        > Ryder-Rosacker-McCue & Huston
        > 509 W Koenig St PO Box 1228
        > Grand Island NE 68802
        > Phone: 308-382-2330
        > Fax: 308-382-7109
        >
        > Hope that's what you're looking for! So far, I'm quite pleased to
        have found
        > an alternative, and am very satisfied with their level of service
        and
        > efficiency of operation.
        >
        > Best,
        > David

      • Andy Holcomb
        Message 3 of 27 , Jun 21, 2008
          Wonderful! The flyer looks good. I'll distribute copies to the local stands
          here too, with a slight modification to add "and surrounding area" (if
          that's ok) if you get the go-ahead for distribution.

          Would it be possible to get an original electronic copy of the bylaws out on
          our website? I visited the other day and it appears that the PDF is a scan
          of the paper copy, so isn't the best quality to read. If you email me a
          word file, I've got a licensed copy of Acrobat and can sharpen up the text
          as well as make it searchable.

          Andy