Cobra group buy

  • Todd
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 2, 2013
      Will their be any plans for a Cobra Firing System group buy?
    • Ryan Smith
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 3, 2013
        I never heard from anyone else so I ordered my system. But, if you do happen to order along with anyone else let me know. I may be interested in a few more modules.

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 5, 2013
          I've used the Cobra systems, star fire, and remotefiringsystems.com (more affectionatly known as dewey systems).  I would not recommend a Cobra system.  In my opinion, from an engineering perspective they screwed up by using a nine volt battery as the power source.  In addition to this the terminal blocks are much smaller than i would prefer.  Our show down in saint louis used one of these and I'm pretty sure we had some cues that showed continuity yet didn't fire.  The ematches fired later.  I can't prove it was the system but it definately wasn't my favorite system to use.  Kevin was down there with me and he might be able to provide a more favorable review than me.

          Dewey's systems are roughly the same price but use a much bigger terminal block and battery.  In fact they may be a little cheeper although they are physically larger.

          If you can afford it the star fires are very nice.  Complete computer firing :)  I've used these down in Saint Louis and while helping Dominator at the PGI and NFA.  These systems are very nice.

          I know of another system that is in the works right now.  It will be a computer controlled system (USB) and it may have a stand alone option, not sure on that.  The target price for this system is 10 bucks a cue.  My guess is it will probably use the smaller terminal blocks I don't like but the price is very attractive.  They are targetting June to have the system finised.

          Dan

          I never heard from anyone else so I ordered my system. But, if you do happen to order along with anyone else let me know. I may be interested in a few more modules.

          Will their be any plans for a Cobra Firing System group buy?
        • Cody Mammenga