Re: Fall get together

  • tsklebar@daktel.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 24 5:53 AM
      Jared,

      You may want to look through the bulletins about Jim Widmann's pole method
      of pasting (transcribed from Shimizu) described in Bulletin #123,
      March/April 2001., or alternatively, at Ned Gorski's nice shells in 2 and a
      half
      days.https://www.skylighter.com/fireworks/how-to-make/tiger-willow-ball-shells-2.asp
      The solution to lumpy shells is three parts, partly width of the pasting
      paper relative to shell size, size of the open pole, and the changing
      orientation used when pasting the shell. The WASP system uses the open pole
      method as well as automatically rotates the shell while pasting. Otherwise,
      you get eggs instead of balls.

      Ts
    • pyrobirk@gmail.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 24 9:50 AM
        Thanks, Tom. That looks like a great resource. Looks like I need to change my technique a bit, and do some practicing.
        I bought a case of 5" hemis at the convention. I've only ever done 3" shells, but can't wait to try the bigger size.
        Jared