Re: [PrairieThunderPyrotechnics] Re: Fall get together

  • Jared Birk
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 23, 2012
      I would love to have a discussion about round shell pasting.  Mine are always so lumpy.
      Jared

      On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 8:23 AM, <tsklebar@...> wrote:

      Oct 6 still works for me. Anything in particular you want to learn that I
      might be able to teach or does anyone else have something they want to do as
      a workshop?

      Tom S.

    • tsklebar@daktel.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 24, 2012
        Jared,

        You may want to look through the bulletins about Jim Widmann's pole method
        of pasting (transcribed from Shimizu) described in Bulletin #123,
        March/April 2001., or alternatively, at Ned Gorski's nice shells in 2 and a
        half
        days.https://www.skylighter.com/fireworks/how-to-make/tiger-willow-ball-shells-2.asp
        The solution to lumpy shells is three parts, partly width of the pasting
        paper relative to shell size, size of the open pole, and the changing
        orientation used when pasting the shell. The WASP system uses the open pole
        method as well as automatically rotates the shell while pasting. Otherwise,
        you get eggs instead of balls.

        Ts
      • pyrobirk@gmail.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 24, 2012
          Thanks, Tom. That looks like a great resource. Looks like I need to change my technique a bit, and do some practicing.
          I bought a case of 5" hemis at the convention. I've only ever done 3" shells, but can't wait to try the bigger size.
          Jared