RE: [PrairieThunderPyrotechnics] Re: Fall get together

  • Hans Jacob Miller
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 23 7:05 AM

      If Andy and Tyler are coming, they have now produced several successful lampare shells.  Or at least successful in the sense that they didn’t blow up the guns.  I think they are still looking for more or brighter fire though.  That might be fun and educational.

      Hans

      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 23 7:09 AM
        I would love to have a discussion about round shell pasting.  Mine are always so lumpy.
        Jared

      • tsklebar@daktel.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 24 5:53 AM
          Jared,

          You may want to look through the bulletins about Jim Widmann's pole method
          of pasting (transcribed from Shimizu) described in Bulletin #123,
          March/April 2001., or alternatively, at Ned Gorski's nice shells in 2 and a
          half
          days.https://www.skylighter.com/fireworks/how-to-make/tiger-willow-ball-shells-2.asp
          The solution to lumpy shells is three parts, partly width of the pasting
          paper relative to shell size, size of the open pole, and the changing
          orientation used when pasting the shell. The WASP system uses the open pole
          method as well as automatically rotates the shell while pasting. Otherwise,
          you get eggs instead of balls.

          Ts
        • pyrobirk@gmail.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 24 9:50 AM
            Thanks, Tom. That looks like a great resource. Looks like I need to change my technique a bit, and do some practicing.
            I bought a case of 5" hemis at the convention. I've only ever done 3" shells, but can't wait to try the bigger size.
            Jared