Fall get together

    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 22 7:46 AM

      Two questions...
      What is the date for this get together and is this our official business meeting.

      Dan

      Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

    • Hans
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 22 8:17 AM
        Now that I trudge back through the posts from after the April shoot, it appears that October 6th was put in as a tentative, and many (most importantly Tom) agreed that this would work for him.

        Let's make it official!

        Yes, we should make it a business meeting as well. I will prepare and agenda. Please email me directly if you have any items that should be put on for discussion.

        Hans

      • tsklebar@daktel.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 23 6:23 AM
          Oct 6 still works for me. Anything in particular you want to learn that I
          might be able to teach or does anyone else have something they want to do as
          a workshop?

          Tom S.
        • Hans Jacob Miller
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 23 7:05 AM

            If Andy and Tyler are coming, they have now produced several successful lampare shells.  Or at least successful in the sense that they didn’t blow up the guns.  I think they are still looking for more or brighter fire though.  That might be fun and educational.

            Hans

              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 24 5:53 AM
                Jared,

                You may want to look through the bulletins about Jim Widmann's pole method
                of pasting (transcribed from Shimizu) described in Bulletin #123,
                March/April 2001., or alternatively, at Ned Gorski's nice shells in 2 and a
                half
                days.https://www.skylighter.com/fireworks/how-to-make/tiger-willow-ball-shells-2.asp
                The solution to lumpy shells is three parts, partly width of the pasting
                paper relative to shell size, size of the open pole, and the changing
                orientation used when pasting the shell. The WASP system uses the open pole
                method as well as automatically rotates the shell while pasting. Otherwise,
                you get eggs instead of balls.

                Ts
              • pyrobirk@gmail.com
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 24 9:50 AM
                  Thanks, Tom. That looks like a great resource. Looks like I need to change my technique a bit, and do some practicing.
                  I bought a case of 5" hemis at the convention. I've only ever done 3" shells, but can't wait to try the bigger size.
                  Jared