weekend shoot wrap up

  • tsklebar
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 29, 2012
      Thanks to all who came out for the shoot and build. Other than the lousy weather, things went well all things considered. As a final note, Jane and I went out to do a final check of the shoot site with our dogs. The 4 month old setter pup ran almost immediately to a place on the ground northeast of the barn, made and held a perfect point and then retrieved to Jane's hand the one part of a student shell that did not work as designed. I thought he would be a bird dog, not that he also had this particular useful capability. Made our day.
    • Jared Birk
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 29, 2012
        Tom,
        Thanks for hosting.  I'm sure I speak for everyone there when I say we had a great time a learned a lot.
        The part your dog found - that didn't happen to be my defective bottom shot, did it?
        Jared
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 29, 2012
          Once again great weekend.  We made it safely home a couple hours ago.  The SD side of Prairie Thunder is getting stronger.

          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 29, 2012
            Thank you Tom for hosting us, very educational as always. I found the turbillions quite interesting. Definitely need to look into making some of those myself.

            I posted some preliminary videos out here:

            http://www.valleyfireworks.biz/videos/ptpg/Turbillions.wmv
            http://www.valleyfireworks.biz/videos/ptpg/Rockets1.wmv
            http://www.valleyfireworks.biz/videos/ptpg/Rockets2.wmv
            http://www.valleyfireworks.biz/videos/ptpg/Rockets3.wmv

            To avoid the Yahoo filesize limitations I just dropped them in a folder on our website host. I'm only about halfway through the videos, lots of shells and a few more rockets left to go, I'll hopefully have those done tomorrow night.

            I'm looking for forward to the next time we make it out there. If we can agree on a fall weekend as you suggested, that would be great. My wife has informed me that we have weddings the last 2 weekends in September which rules me out for those. But whatever works for Tom and the majority of the club members will be the way to go.

            I'll post again when the rest of the videos are done.

            Kevin

            --- In PrairieThunderPyrotechnics@yahoogroups.com, "tsklebar" <tsklebar@...> wrote:

            > Thanks to all who came out for the shoot and build. Other than the lousy weather, things went well all things considered. As a final note, Jane and I went out to do a final check of the shoot site with our dogs. The 4 month old setter pup ran almost immediately to a place on the ground northeast of the barn, made and held a perfect point and then retrieved to Jane's hand the one part of a student shell that did not work as designed. I thought he would be a bird dog, not that he also had this particular useful capability. Made our day.

          • Brent
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 30, 2012
              I also wanted to extend a thank you to Tom for a fun weekend.

              Before we all get busy with our summer activities, and fill up our fall schedules, I would like to suggest we work on a date for a fall shoot.
              I would throw Sept 8 out there as an option.  It is after labor day, and should still be nice enough weather.

              Thoughts?

              Tom, please chime in if this would work for you or not.

              Brent

              Sent: Monday, April 30, 2012 1:59 AM

                Sent: Monday, April 30, 2012 1:59 AM

              • muzzey314@yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 30, 2012
                  That date works great for me as well.

                  Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless

                  Sent: Monday, April 30, 2012 1:59 AM

                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 30, 2012
                    My fall schedule is already filled for some dates. Here they are for Sept. and October

                    Sept 2 - Sept 9 2012 Jane and I to Red Rocks National Wildlife Refuge, MT
                    October 13 - 20 2012 both of us to The Wildlife Society national meeting, Portland, OR.

                    Other than that (so far), I should be home.

                    Message 9 of 12 , May 1 3:41 AM
                      OK, so Sept 8 is out.  How about Oct 6, or is that getting too late in the year?

                      Brent

                      Sent: Monday, April 30, 2012 1:59 AM
                      > To:
                      href="mailto:PrairieThunderPyrotechnics%40yahoogroups.com">mailto:PrairieThunderPyrotechnics%40yahoogroups.com

                      href="http://www.valleyfireworks.biz/videos/ptpg/Turbillions.wmv">http://www.valleyfireworks.biz/videos/ptpg/Turbillions.wmv

                      http://www.valleyfireworks.biz/videos/ptpg/Rockets1.wmv

                      http://www.valleyfireworks.biz/videos/ptpg/Rockets2.wmv

                      http://www.valleyfireworks.biz/videos/ptpg/Rockets3.wmv

                      > To avoid the Yahoo filesize limitations I just dropped them in a folder
                      on our website host. I'm only about halfway through the videos, lots of shells and a few more rockets left to go, I'll hopefully have those done tomorrow night.

                      > I'm looking for forward to the next time we make it out
                      there. If we can agree on a fall weekend as you suggested, that would be great. My wife has informed me that we have weddings the last 2 weekends in September which rules me out for those. But whatever works for Tom and the majority of the club members will be the way to go.

                      > I'll post again when the
                      rest of the videos are done.

                      Message 10 of 12 , May 1 7:31 PM
                        I finally finished up the rest of the videos:

                        http://www.valleyfireworks.biz/videos/Rockets4.wmv
                        http://www.valleyfireworks.biz/videos/Shells.wmv
                        http://www.valleyfireworks.biz/videos/DoubleBreakShells.wmv
                        http://www.valleyfireworks.biz/videos/LargeShells.wmv
                        http://www.valleyfireworks.biz/videos/8InchShell.wmv

                        Message 11 of 12 , May 1 7:34 PM
                          Oct 6 works for me.

                          Message 12 of 12 , May 1 8:00 PM
                            That date works for me as well.  Kind of late in the year but I don't think the weather could be any worse than it was last time.