spring get together

  • tsklebar
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 22, 2012
      Okay, has there been a decision on a date yet? April 8 is Easter (and the Masters). As far as I can determine now, I will be home the following three weekends as well.

      If anyone wants to stop by, I am currently working on strobe cores then going to press some other pumped stars for married comets. Rolled up some BP burst and making some more KP burst. It is getting nice enough to start making the various stars I need for this year, some color changing rolled as well as make up batches of parlon stars for cylinder shells.
    • andys_junk_address
      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 26, 2012
        Tom,

        Were you thinking that the 6th would work, maybe just a 2-day affair (6th & 7th), or would the following three weekends be a better fit?

        Andy

        Message 3 of 17 , Mar 26, 2012
          So far, I've seen the following availability:

          Apr (6-7?) (7-8) - Brent & Luann, Tom?
          Apr 14 - Dan, Andy, Kevin, Tom
          Apr 21 - Tom
          Apr 28 - Andy, Tom, Kevin, Brent & Luann?

          Please add/remove yourself from this listing so we can get something that works for most.

          Message 4 of 17 , Mar 26, 2012
            I'm actually availible on the 28th as well.  I've got two other people on the hook that I'm trying to reel in.  Just need to know the date.  The 20th happens to be the Fireworks Forever demo and the 21st is the Victory demo.  Both over in Wisconson.

            Dan

            So far, I've seen the following availability:

            Apr (6-7?) (7-8) - Brent & Luann, Tom?
            Apr 14 - Dan, Andy, Kevin, Tom
            Apr 21 - Tom
            Apr 28 - Andy, Tom, Kevin, Brent & Luann?

            Please add/remove yourself from this listing so we can get something that works for most.

            --- In PrairieThunderPyrotechnics@yahoogroups.com, "andys_junk_address" <andrew_holcomb@...> wrote:

            > Tom,
            >
            > Were you thinking that the 6th would work, maybe just a 2-day affair (6th & 7th), or would the following three weekends be a better fit?
            >

            > Andy
            >
            > --- In PrairieThunderPyrotechnics@yahoogroups.com, "tsklebar" <tsklebar@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Okay, has there been a decision on a date yet? April 8 is Easter (and the Masters). As far as I can determine now, I will be home the following three weekends as well.
            > >
            > > If anyone wants to stop by, I am currently working on strobe cores then going to press some other pumped stars for married comets. Rolled up some BP burst and making some more KP burst. It is getting nice enough to start making the various stars I need for this year, some color changing rolled as well as make up batches of parlon stars for cylinder shells.

          • Mlanglie
            Message 5 of 17 , Mar 26, 2012

              14th or 28th might work.  20th and 21st I will be at the demos.

              Matt

              Message 6 of 17 , Mar 26, 2012
                So, I've got:

                Apr 14 - Dan, Andy, Kevin, Matt, Tom
                Apr 21 - Tom
                Apr 28 - Andy, Kevin, Dan, Matt, Tom, Brent & Luann?

                We've got a few other a members that haven't weighed-in on their availability.

                --- In PrairieThunderPyrotechnics@yahoogroups.com, Dan Muzzey <muzzey314@...> wrote:

                > I'm actually availible on the 28th as well.  I've got two other people on the hook that I'm trying to reel in.  Just need to know the date.  The 20th happens to be the Fireworks Forever demo and the 21st is the Victory demo.  Both over in Wisconson.
                >
                > Dan

              • Tom and Brenda
                Message 7 of 17 , Mar 26, 2012
                  Sorry I haven't followed this too closely, but the 28th is good for me.

                  Tom Pence

                  --- In mailto:PrairieThunderPyrotechnics%40yahoogroups.com, Dan Muzzey <muzzey314@...> wrote:

                  > I'm actually availible on the 28th as well.  I've got two other
                  people on the hook that I'm trying to reel in.  Just need to know the date.  The 20th happens to be the Fireworks Forever demo and the 21st is the Victory demo.  Both over in Wisconson.

                • calvin samek
                  Message 8 of 17 , Mar 28, 2012
                    Th3e later in April the better.

                    Message 9 of 17 , Mar 28, 2012
                      Infact Why not go for may 4th or 5th. That is when kite day is. You may attract more newcomers if you wait til may.

                    • muzzey314@yahoo.com
                      Message 10 of 17 , Mar 28, 2012
                        May is starting to get very busy for those that run retail stands.  I would prefer to keep it in april.  And the way this year is going may is going to be 100 degrees.

                        Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless

                        RE: [PrairieThunderPyrotechnics] Re: spring get together

                        Message 11 of 17 , Mar 29, 2012
                          Okay, it looks like the weekend of April 28 is the most likely dates. Folks
                          are welcome to come out early (e.g. Friday the 27th.) Camping or stay in
                          Jamestown overnight. Open shooting for any pyro items. I already have some
                          holes dug for burying mortars. I also bought a Cobra system and module for
                          more wireless firing capabilities.

                          Now the questions are what do you want to learn or do (so I can make up
                          components if needed). My current work list is making married comets for
                          cylinder shells, making more stars (including strobe cores), ramming more
                          spolettes and tourbillions, and making some colored gerbs.

                          Ts
                        • Tom Pence
                          Message 12 of 17 , Mar 29, 2012
                            This'll probably come up sooner or later, so I'll ask "sooner." How about directions to your place in case I can make it, thanks.

                            The Other Tom

                            Message 13 of 17 , Mar 31, 2012
                              "The Other Tom" - I'll drop you an email with the directions.

                              It's looking like the weekend of the 28th seems to be the favored option. If you haven't already, please chime in with your thoughts on a date if you'd like to attend.

                              One other housekeeping note, dues for the year will need to be paid prior to taking part in any of the activities. At the board meeting last fall it was decided to make all dues payable prior to the "season" and good for the entire year rather than having floating due dates throughout the year for different members. Currently the following members are paid up for the entire 2012 season:

                              Tony Frison
                              Dan Muzzey
                              Dave Bender
                              Jared Birk
                              Kevin Johnson
                              Ryan Smith

                              You can drop a check in the mail or pay me when you arrive at the shoot site. My mailing address is:

                              Kevin Johnson
                              702 3rd St E
                              Horace, ND 58047

                              Kevin

                              --- In PrairieThunderPyrotechnics@yahoogroups.com, Tom Pence <tomnbrenda@...> wrote:

                              > This'll probably come up sooner or later, so I'll ask "sooner." How about directions to your place in case I can make it, thanks.
                              >
                              > The Other Tom

                            • Hans
                              Message 14 of 17 , Apr 8 10:47 AM
                                Hi. while the discussion about the spring shoot was taking place, i found myself incredibly busy with work and family. I consciously made the decision to stand by and casually observe. I was facing a deadline that required my attention. That deadline involved consulting with my partners about not renewing our contract to manage the Food and Drink at Scheels Arena. I got the details worked out, and after serving them with proper notice with a letter to arrive to them on April 2nd, I will be officially done there on June 30th. The contract required 90 days notice. I will finish out the hockey season. All of this said, I had intentions of voicing my thoughts about a spring shoot with some time that I had available last Sunday.

                                Things did not work out as planned. I took a fall off of a ladder on Sunday. I was knocked out on my Garage floor for a few minutes before stumbling into my house. I refused medical care and a trip to the hospital from my kids and they called mom and told on me. She rushed home and told me to get in the car or she was calling an ambulance. Many scans and tests confirmed that my brain, head, and neck are ok. I had a badly broken wrist, a mildly dislocated shoulder, and some face and head bruising. I had surgery on Monday 4/2. I have been on pain killing medicated lock down at home for a week. I am weening myself off of pain killers but am still banned from doing nearly anything. I go back on Thursday to get some screws taken out of my arm and a new cast put on.

                                I hope to be able to stop out to Tom's place sometime on the weekend of the 28th. Thank you all for getting the spring activities planned.

                                Hans

                                --- In PrairieThunderPyrotechnics@yahoogroups.com, "KJohnsonFargo" <kjohns@...> wrote:

                                > "The Other Tom" - I'll drop you an email with the directions.
                                >
                                > It's looking like the weekend of the 28th seems to be the favored option. If you haven't already, please chime in with your thoughts on a date if you'd like to attend.
                                >
                                > One other housekeeping note, dues for the year will need to be paid prior to taking part in any of the activities. At the board meeting last fall it was decided to make all dues payable prior to the "season" and good for the entire year rather than having floating due dates throughout the year for different members. Currently the following members are paid up for the entire 2012 season:
                                >
                                > Tony Frison
                                > Dan Muzzey
                                > Dave Bender
                                > Jared Birk
                                > Kevin Johnson
                                > Ryan Smith
                                >
                                > You can drop a check in the mail or pay me when you arrive at the shoot site. My mailing address is:
                                >
                                > Kevin Johnson
                                > 702 3rd St E
                                > Horace, ND 58047
                                >
                                > Kevin
                                >
                                > --- In PrairieThunderPyrotechnics@yahoogroups.com, Tom Pence <tomnbrenda@> wrote:
                                > >

                                > > This'll probably come up sooner or later, so I'll ask "sooner." How about directions to your place in case I can make it, thanks.
                                > >
                                > > The Other Tom

                              • Tom and Brenda
                                Message 15 of 17 , Apr 11 11:17 AM
                                  I need to mail a check for my dues.  I see the address.  How about the amount?  The usual $ 500.00?

                                  Tom

                                  Message 16 of 17 , Apr 11 11:38 AM
                                    Whoops, my bad. $50 for family membership and $25 for individual.

                                    Kevin

                                  • muzzey314@yahoo.com
                                    Message 17 of 17 , Apr 11 11:55 AM
                                      I was wondering were the jump in dues came from.