Blind Pyro Event in Saint Louis

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2011
      While all of you were up in Fargo enjoying the weather I headed south to the annual Saint Louis Shoot.  Attendence this year was down slightly hitting around 100 to 150 people.  Friday night consisted of 10 vendors demoing 12 items each.  Following the demo was a blind pyro competion.  6 teams, 4 people per team, 1000 bucks of pyro per team give or take.  Each team had four hours to put together the best show they could.  Here are the results.
      http://www.pyrouniverse.com/forum/showthread.php/37145-2011-SLT-Blind-pyro-***VIDEOS***?p=534697#post53469  I scripted and lead team three.  Very happy with the results although the first minute is dark sky.  To make the night more interesting we dumped 1/4 inch of rain on the complete demo and everyones shows thirty minutes before the shoot started.  Complete downpour.  No chance to cover anything.  I was also in charge of lighting the demo.  Anyone ever light fireworks after pouring a bucket of water on them?  No lighting fuse and getting away here.  Light fuse, light fuse again, light fuse again, rip off packaging light fuse again, give up and move on, previous item lights 2 feet away.

      There are more vids if anyone is interested.  Three of the most memorable items were a pyromusical made up of all salutes...and one color shell, a mascalettia, and 40 cases of shoguns jet propulsion lit at one time.

      Finally...any chance of getting one more shoot in before the end of the year?