RE: [PrairieThunderPyrotechnics] Re: 2011 fall meeting and group shoot- 9/24/11

  • Andy Holcomb
    Message 1 of 21 , Sep 1, 2011
      Put me down for 3.

      -----Original Message-----
      From: PrairieThunderPyrotechnics@yahoogroups.com
      [mailto:PrairieThunderPyrotechnics@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Tom Pence
      Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2011 6:08 AM
      To: prairiethunderpyrotechnics@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [PrairieThunderPyrotechnics] Re: 2011 fall meeting and group
      shoot- 9/24/11

      Put me down for one, but probably not for the bbq.

      Tom

      ________________________________

      To: PrairieThunderPyrotechnics@yahoogroups.com
      From: mlanglie@...
      Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 03:23:13 +0000
      Subject: [PrairieThunderPyrotechnics] Re: 2011 fall meeting and group shoot-
      9/24/11

      Ok, who is going to attend this event? Let's all speak up now so that
      everyone can plan.

      My wife Dawn and I will be there.

      Matt

      --- In PrairieThunderPyrotechnics@yahoogroups.com
      <mailto:PrairieThunderPyrotechnics%40yahoogroups.com> , Matt Langlie
      <mlanglie@...> wrote:

> [...]
      > anything covering your eyes. Even glasses are ok as far as I know. Coming
      > and going isn't an issue as long as you can get out, park accordingly.
      > On Aug 28, 2011 1:48 PM, "Tom Pence" <tomnbrenda@...> wrote:
      > >

      > > If things work well, I'll be there from about noon to 5, have to cut
      out,
      > and then be back by about 7:30. Not to be unsociable, but I have
      commitments
      > I must tend to. It's my first event so to be safe, and ready for anything,
      > what kind of safety glasses do you recommend. I wear glasses so something
      > over those I presume. I'd also like to do some video if possible. I do
      have
      > a small video business, on the side, so this interests me if it's not
      > against regulations or if someone is already doing it. Looking forward to
      > it. Tom To: PrairieThunderPyrotechnics@yahoogroups.com
      <mailto:PrairieThunderPyrotechnics%40yahoogroups.com>
      > > From: mia@...
      > > Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2011 03:52:01 +0000
      > > Subject: [PrairieThunderPyrotechnics] Re: 2011 fall meeting and group
      > shoot- 9/24/11

      > > Prairie Thunder Pyrotechnics Guild
      > >
      > > 2011 Fall Shoot and Meeting
      > >
      > > September 24th Noon-?
      > >
      > > Home of Dean and Kathy Weiss
      > >
      > > 7106 Elmwood Drive
      > >
      > > Harwood, ND 58042
      > >

      > > Noon-1:30pm- unloading and supply setup
      > >
      > > 1:30-5PM- Charcoal production throughout
      > >
      > > 3-5pm- Setup of Class C displays (Hans is doing 1 for sure, others may
      be
      > added)
      > >
      > > 1:30-5- Rocket, star, BP, Shell, and other device manufacture and
      assembly

      > > 5-6:30PM- cremora class and demo
      > >
      > > 6:30-7:30 Dinner
      > >
      > > 7:30-8:30 Business meeting and elections
      > >
      > > 8:30-? Shoot what we built and class c show.
      > >

      > > Dean has offered to provide Burgers for dinner. Please RSVP so that we
      > have an idea on quantity needed. There will be a bonfire all day (for
      > charcoal production) and cooking dogs if you want. Beverages are on your
      > own.
      > >
      > > Bring Chairs
      > >
      > > Deans address comes right up on google maps so I will spare you my
      > interpretation of directions. It is pretty easy to get to once you see it
      on
      > a map.
      > >
      > > Please remember your safety glasses if you are going to be building or
      > shooting anything.
      > >
      > > Matt or Kevin, please bring the fire extinguishers along.
      > >
      > > This gathering is open to all members and their Families. If you are
      > unsure if your membership is up to date, send Kevin a note and he can tell
      > you where you are at. Many in our existing membership have let their dues
      > lapse.
      > >
      > > This is going to be a great day. Please post here if you have any
      > questions or suggestions on additional activities for the day.

    • Hans
      Message 2 of 21 , Sep 1, 2011
        I will be there all day. Members of my family will come and go.

        Hans

        Message 3 of 21 , Sep 1, 2011
          Same situation for me, I'll be there all day but Larisa and the boys will probably just be there off and on.

          --- In PrairieThunderPyrotechnics@yahoogroups.com, "Hans" <mia@...> wrote:

          > I will be there all day. Members of my family will come and go.
          >
          > Hans
          >

          > --- In PrairieThunderPyrotechnics@yahoogroups.com, "Andy Holcomb" <andrew_holcomb@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Put me down for 3.

        • Matt Langlie
          Message 4 of 21 , Sep 2, 2011

            Sounds like Mike and Amber will be there also, so two more for me.

            Matt

            On Sep 1, 2011 11:27 PM, "KJohnsonFargo" <kjohns@...> wrote:

            > Same situation for me, I'll be there all day but Larisa and the boys will probably just be there off and on.
            >

            > --- In PrairieThunderPyrotechnics@yahoogroups.com, "Hans" <mia@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> I will be there all day. Members of my family will come and go.
            >>
            >> Hans
            >>

            >> --- In PrairieThunderPyrotechnics@yahoogroups.com, "Andy Holcomb" <andrew_holcomb@> wrote:
            >> >
            >> > Put me down for 3.

          • Tom Pence
            Message 5 of 21 , Sep 27, 2011
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iS2X6q5tXM

              The link above will take you to a video (approx. 12 minutes) of the group shoot on Saturday.  As noted, it was my first attempt with this camera so besides being a little too close, I had some minor issues with focus and lens settings.  But for what it's worth, it's online.

              Tom

              To: PrairieThunderPyrotechnics@yahoogroups.com
              From: jms@...
              Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 22:56:52 -0500
              Subject: Re: [PrairieThunderPyrotechnics] Re: 2011 fall meeting and group shoot- 9/24/11

              Myself plus one.

              -Jon

              Sent via DROID on Verizon Wireless

              --- In PrairieThunderPyrotechnics@yahoogroups.com, Matt Langlie <mlanglie@...> wrote:

              > Video all you want. We would really like it in fact. Safety glasses are
              > anything covering your eyes. Even glasses are ok as far as I know. Coming
              > and going isn't an issue as long as you can get out, park accordingly.
              > On Aug 28, 2011 1:48 PM, "Tom Pence" <tomnbrenda@...> wrote:
              > >

              > > If things work well, I'll be there from about noon to 5, have to cut out,
              > and then be back by about 7:30. Not to be unsociable, but I have commitments
              > I must tend to. It's my first event so to be safe, and ready for anything,
              > what kind of safety glasses do you recommend. I wear glasses so something
              > over those I presume. I'd also like to do some video if possible. I do have
              > a small video business, on the side, so this interests me if it's not
              > against regulations or if someone is already doing it. Looking forward to
              > it. Tom To: PrairieThunderPyrotechnics@yahoogroups.com
              > > From: mia@...
              > > Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2011 03:52:01 +0000
              > > Subject: [PrairieThunderPyrotechnics] Re: 2011 fall meeting and group
              > shoot- 9/24/11

              > > Prairie Thunder Pyrotechnics Guild
              > >
              > > 2011 Fall Shoot and Meeting
              > >
              > > September 24th Noon-?
              > >
              > > Home of Dean and Kathy Weiss
              > >
              > > 7106 Elmwood Drive
              > >
              > > Harwood, ND 58042
              > >

              > > Noon-1:30pm- unloading and supply setup
              > >
              > > 1:30-5PM- Charcoal production throughout
              > >
              > > 3-5pm- Setup of Class C displays (Hans is doing 1 for sure, others may be
              > added)
              > >
              > > 1:30-5- Rocket, star, BP, Shell, and other device manufacture and assembly
              > >
              > > 5-6:30PM- cremora class and demo
              > >
              > > 6:30-7:30 Dinner
              > >
              > > 7:30-8:30 Business meeting and elections
              > >
              > > 8:30-? Shoot what we built and class c show.
              > >

              > > Dean has offered to provide Burgers for dinner. Please RSVP so that we
              > have an idea on quantity needed. There will be a bonfire all day (for
              > charcoal production) and cooking dogs if you want. Beverages are on your
              > own.
              > >
              > > Bring Chairs
              > >
              > > Deans address comes right up on google maps so I will spare you my
              > interpretation of directions. It is pretty easy to get to once you see it on
              > a map.
              > >
              > > Please remember your safety glasses if you are going to be building or
              > shooting anything.
              > >
              > > Matt or Kevin, please bring the fire extinguishers along.
              > >
              > > This gathering is open to all members and their Families. If you are
              > unsure if your membership is up to date, send Kevin a note and he can tell
              > you where you are at. Many in our existing membership have let their dues
              > lapse.
              > >
              > > This is going to be a great day. Please post here if you have any
              > questions or suggestions on additional activities for the day.
              > >

              > > Hans

            • Hans
              Message 6 of 21 , Sep 28, 2011
                Very nicely done Tom. I think you just got appointed as the club videographer.

                Hans

                --- In PrairieThunderPyrotechnics@yahoogroups.com, Tom Pence <tomnbrenda@...> wrote:

                > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iS2X6q5tXM
                >
                > The link above will take you to a video (approx. 12 minutes) of the group shoot on Saturday. As noted, it was my first attempt with this camera so besides being a little too close, I had some minor issues with focus and lens settings. But for what it's worth, it's online.
                >
                > Tom

              • calvin samek
                Message 7 of 21 , Sep 28, 2011
                  I may be able to give you some tips on shooting fireworks the photographic way. I have filmed over 200 shows and thru trial and error. Seemed to figure out a few things about video. They have just now replicated the cambolens that is famed for filming fireworks. The only problem is that the asking price is thirteen thousand dollars. But there are cheaper less expensive ways of getting a fairly good film. With special mirrors a person can eliminate that awful aura that seems to find its way into most fireworks films. If you like we could get together and talk shop sometime! Thancs.
                  Very nicely done Tom. I think you just got appointed as the club videographer.

                  Hans

                  --- In PrairieThunderPyrotechnics@yahoogroups.com, Tom Pence <tomnbrenda@...> wrote:

                  > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iS2X6q5tXM
                  >
                  > The link above will take you to a video (approx. 12 minutes) of the group shoot on Saturday. As noted, it was my first attempt with this camera so besides being a little too close, I had some minor issues with focus and lens settings. But for what it's worth, it's online.
                  >
                  > Tom

                • Tom Pence
                  Message 8 of 21 , Sep 28, 2011
                    $ 13,000!  No problem.  I'll submit it to the club for reimbursement.  : )

                    Tom

                    To: PrairieThunderPyrotechnics@yahoogroups.com
                    CC:
                    From: calsamek@...
                    Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 09:58:24 -0500

                    I may be able to give you some tips on shooting fireworks the photographic way. I have filmed over 200 shows and thru trial and error. Seemed to figure out a few things about video. They have just now replicated the cambolens that is famed for filming fireworks. The only problem is that the asking price is thirteen thousand dollars. But there are cheaper less expensive ways of getting a fairly good film. With special mirrors a person can eliminate that awful aura that seems to find its way into most fireworks films. If you like we could get together and talk shop sometime! Thancs.
                    Very nicely done Tom. I think you just got appointed as the club videographer.

                    Hans

                    --- In PrairieThunderPyrotechnics@yahoogroups.com, Tom Pence <tomnbrenda@...> wrote:

                    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iS2X6q5tXM
                    >
                    > The link above will take you to a video (approx. 12 minutes) of the group shoot on Saturday. As noted, it was my first attempt with this camera so besides being a little too close, I had some minor issues with focus and lens settings. But for what it's worth, it's online.
                    >
                    > Tom

                  • Brent
                    Message 9 of 21 , Oct 7, 2011
                      Any chance this video can be posted to pyrobin?
                      My internet connection is slow enough that YouTube videos have significant delays every 10 seconds or so.
                      Used to be I could wait for the whole thing to download, then watch, but that does not appear to work anymore.

                      Brent

                      target=_blank>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iS2X6q5tXM

                      The link above will take you to a video (approx. 12 minutes) of the group shoot on Saturday. As noted, it was my first attempt with this camera so besides being a little too close, I had some minor issues with focus and lens settings. But for what it's worth, it's online.

                      > Tom

                    • Tom Pence
                      Message 10 of 21 , Oct 7, 2011
                        I wasn't aware of pyrobin but took a look at it this morning. I'd be glad to upload it this evening when I'm home if you want me to.

                        Tom

                        To: PrairieThunderPyrotechnics@yahoogroups.com
                        From: brent@...
                        Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2011 09:09:10 -0500

                      • brent@bluenterprises.biz
                        Message 11 of 21 , Oct 7, 2011
                          That would be great. Thanks.

                          From: Tom Pence <tomnbrenda@...>
                          Sender: PrairieThunderPyrotechnics@yahoogroups.com
                          Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2011 10:19:25 -0500
                          To: <prairiethunderpyrotechnics@yahoogroups.com>
                          ReplyTo: PrairieThunderPyrotechnics@yahoogroups.com

                          To: PrairieThunderPyrotechnics@yahoogroups.com
                          From: brent@...
                          Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2011 09:09:10 -0500

                          Any chance this video can be posted to pyrobin?
                          My internet connection is slow enough that YouTube videos have significant delays every 10 seconds or so.
                          Used to be I could wait for the whole thing to download, then watch, but that does not appear to work anymore.

                          Brent

                          > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iS2X6q5tXM
                          >
                          > The link above will take you to a video (approx. 12 minutes) of the group shoot on Saturday. As noted, it was my first attempt with this camera so besides being a little too close, I had some minor issues with focus and lens settings. But for what it's worth, it's online.
                          >
                          > Tom

                        • Tom Pence
                          Message 12 of 21 , Oct 7, 2011

                             http://pyrobin.com/files/pyrobin cllip.mpg