Re: now what

  • tom sklebar
    Message 1 of 6 , May 5, 2011
      Works for me. We can roll up some more burst and stars (I will be doing
      that anyways) as well as investigate BP. I now have a new 12 ton press and
      gauge (but no blast shield or sleeves yet) as well as some new 1lb tooling
      for rockets. I found out yesterday I can't get the lexan I need for the
      shield in my town so no whistle rockets yet. I would suggest for end burners
      you contact one of the rocket pounders (John, Kurt, Bob Westfall) for
      formula and process and bring it with you or look at Ned's article
      http://www.skylighter.com/fireworks/how-to-make/End-Burner-Rockets.asp.
      Bring rocket sticks since you need good straight ones for high speed
      rockets. We could also press some small comets since I have some home made
      tooling for those.
      I do have plastic 3's and 4's to make up some shells as well as the WASP.
      Another thing we could do is all pound out some drivers and build a simple
      saxon or wheel.

      Tom S.
    • Keith Meyer
      Message 2 of 6 , May 5, 2011
        I apologize for ignorance, but where will this event be?

        Keith

[...]

      • andys_junk_address
        Message 3 of 6 , May 11, 2011
          Hi Tom,

          I'm not sure how your press is designed, but if I was going to make another blast shield for my press, I'd use 3/4" plywood for the bulk of the shield and cut a smaller "window" in the center to be covered by a scrap of 1/2" thick Lexan. The cost of a scrap of Lexan is not much (eBay or usplastics.com), and the plywood would by much stronger overall.

          Andy