RE: [PrairieThunderPyrotechnics] PGI planning update and PTPG stuff

  • muzzey314@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 29, 2011
      Hans....hans....who is this hans guy?

      I am planning one trip north this sporting.  Gas sucks again.  Either it will be next weekend stopping at starrs demo or the weekend after for the club.  It would be nice to build something.  My vote is if f three or more can make it and tom is available we go for it.  Can we reach out to the people not on the list?  I will contract Matt Haro.  Anyone else?

      Dan

      Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless

      From: KJohnsonFargo <kjohns@...>
      To: PrairieThunderPyrotechnics@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, April 23, 2011, 11:25 PM

      Sorry if this message gets a bit long and rambles, there was a lot covered in the past two days and my note-taking skills are not the best.

      Everything seems to be on track for the upcoming convention. Public displays are on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. There's still one spot open for a club or display company in the Sunday night schedule - I believe the budget for this spot is around $8700.

      D.O.T. inspection stuff is still up in the air. We probably won't know until the last minute if we'll be able to self-inspect the same as last year or if D.O.T. will be present this year.

      I didn't hear the final decision on whether or not there will be clearance to shoot 16's or if 12's will be the biggest.

      Small shell and rocket manufacturing will be in the swine barn. Large shell and All-Stars will "tenatively" be in the Harvest Hall. This depends on what happens with the banquet, Ramada may not be avaiable and depending on how other options work out, we may end up needing Harvest Hall for the banquet and moving the All-Stars manufacturing to a tent setup.

      Chemical and Class C sales will be in the same place as last time. I believe the C-line will be moved to the field to the north of the C sales building, and possibly further west - I didn't hear the final decision on this after the walkthrough on Sat. afternoon.

      From a club standpoint, I gave Allan Cleveland my contact info if he needs any help setting up during the week prior to the convention. It sounds like most likely he would like some help unloading the competition container when it shows up (Thursday I believe). This typically takes 4 to 5 hours. So if anyone has some availability during the week prior to the convention, there most likely will be some opportunities for us to lend a hand. Obviously we'd be able to help out during the convention as well. It probably wouldn't hurt to have a membership meeting/shoot? sometime this spring to make convention plans.

      This leads to the next topic, shell building weekend. Tom has graciously offered to host us for another shell building weekend in May the same as last year. Dates are open at this point, we'd need to decide what works for the rest of us and make sure it fits in with Tom's schedule.

      Finally, I met a gentleman from the Iowa club and really learned a lot about how they operate. The Iowan magazine did a real nice article about their club last fall, here's a link to the article:

      http://www.iowan.com/sky-art.cfm

      Feel free to post up with any convention questions and hopefully myself or Hans or Tom will be able to chime in with any additional info.

      Message 2 of 9 , May 1, 2011
        I'll definitely find a way to make it fit in my schedule. Anyone else interested?

        Kevin

        --- In PrairieThunderPyrotechnics@yahoogroups.com, "muzzey314@..." <muzzey314@...> wrote:

        > Hans....hans....who is this hans guy?
        >
        > I am planning one trip north this sporting. Gas sucks again. Either it will be next weekend stopping at starrs demo or the weekend after for the club. It would be nice to build something. My vote is if f three or more can make it and tom is available we go for it. Can we reach out to the people not on the list? I will contract Matt Haro. Anyone else?
        >
        > Dan
        >
        > Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless

      • Matt Langlie
        Message 3 of 9 , May 1, 2011

          I’m in.  This was lots-o-fun last year.  We are talking Tom’s May 14th weekend, right?

          I'll definitely find a way to make it fit in my schedule. Anyone else interested?

          Kevin

          --- In PrairieThunderPyrotechnics@yahoogroups.com, "muzzey314@..." <muzzey314@...> wrote:

          > Hans....hans....who is this hans guy?
          >
          > I am planning one trip north this sporting. Gas sucks again. Either it will be next weekend stopping at starrs demo or the weekend after for the club. It would be nice to build something. My vote is if f three or more can make it and tom is available we go for it. Can we reach out to the people not on the list? I will contract Matt Haro. Anyone else?
          >
          > Dan
          >
          > Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless

        • Keith Meyer
          Message 4 of 9 , May 1, 2011

            I am interested if it works in my schedule.

            I'll definitely find a way to make it fit in my schedule. Anyone else interested?

            Kevin

            --- In PrairieThunderPyrotechnics@yahoogroups.com, "muzzey314@..." <muzzey314@...> wrote:

            > Hans....hans....who is this hans guy?
            >
            > I am planning one trip north this sporting. Gas sucks again. Either it will be next weekend stopping at starrs demo or the weekend after for the club. It would be nice to build something. My vote is if f three or more can make it and tom is available we go for it. Can we reach out to the people not on the list? I will contract Matt Haro. Anyone else?
            >
            > Dan
            >
            > Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless

            No virus found in this message.

          • muzzey314@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 9 , May 2, 2011
              Sound like people are interested.  Everyone planning on camping or heading to the nearest city?

              Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless

              RE: [PrairieThunderPyrotechnics] Re: PGI planning update and PTPG stuff

            • luann_moore1313@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 9 , May 3, 2011
                May is pretty booked up for us. Would come if we could.

                From: "muzzey314@..." <muzzey314@...>
                Sender: PrairieThunderPyrotechnics@yahoogroups.com
                Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 19:32:55 -0500
                To: <PrairieThunderPyrotechnics@yahoogroups.com>