Re: [PrairieThunderPyrotechnics] Re: This weekend

    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 8, 2010
      I've got two dolas and a launcher with a variable height offset....otherwise known as a PVC pipe :)  I give one of the dolas even odds of getting off the ground.  The other one has about a 10 % shot.

      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 8, 2010
        We will have several dolas and maybe a wheel as well.

        From: Dan Muzzey <muzzey314@...>
        Sender: PrairieThunderPyrotechnics@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 20:33:44 -0700 (PDT)
        To: <PrairieThunderPyrotechnics@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: PrairieThunderPyrotechnics@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: Re: [PrairieThunderPyrotechnics] Re: This weekend

        I've got two dolas and a launcher with a variable height offset....otherwise known as a PVC pipe :)  I give one of the dolas even odds of getting off the ground.  The other one has about a 10 % shot.

        I'm hoping to have a wheel and girandola ready to go. I plan on bringing a girandola base we can use. The center dowel is either 3/8" or 7/16" so be sure that your 'dola will fit over that.

        --- In PrairieThunderPyrotechnics@yahoogroups.com, Dan Muzzey <muzzey314@...> wrote:

        > I'm planning on putting some wheels together out of misc stuff found in the garage. This means that I'll need to put something together to attach the wheels to. Since I'm going to all this trouble, anyone else want to put some wheels together?
        >
        > Dan

      • andys_junk_address
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 10, 2010
          For the girandola competition, are the competitors assembling them on site? If so, what materials should be brought (bucket bottoms, rockets, axle tube, zip ties, etc)?

          Also, what time are we planning to meet out at the range?

          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 10, 2010
            Completly up to you.  The rules are very strict.  Anything the drunk, blind, deaf lady doesn't like is against the rules.  File all complaints with the drunk, blind, deaf lady.

            Bring anything you want.  Get creative on the base.  I'll have some spare parts..rockets, zip ties, fuse, tape, but probably not any buckets.

          • luann_moore1313@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 10, 2010
              We will have as many buckets as are needed. Will bring about 20 unless someone thinks more are needed.

              From: Dan Muzzey <muzzey314@...>
              Sender: PrairieThunderPyrotechnics@yahoogroups.com
              Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 18:37:55 -0700 (PDT)
              To: <PrairieThunderPyrotechnics@yahoogroups.com>
              ReplyTo: PrairieThunderPyrotechnics@yahoogroups.com

              Completly up to you.  The rules are very strict.  Anything the drunk, blind, deaf lady doesn't like is against the rules.  File all complaints with the drunk, blind, deaf lady.

              Bring anything you want.  Get creative on the base.  I'll have some spare parts..rockets, zip ties, fuse, tape, but probably not any buckets.

              For the girandola competition, are the competitors assembling them on site? If so, what materials should be brought (bucket bottoms, rockets, axle tube, zip ties, etc)?

              Also, what time are we planning to meet out at the range?

              --- In PrairieThunderPyrotechnics@yahoogroups.com, luann_moore1313@... wrote:

              > We will have several dolas and maybe a wheel as well.

            • Andy Holcomb
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 11, 2010
                Sounds perfect. :) What time should we be planning to meet out at the range?

                We will have as many buckets as are needed. Will bring about 20 unless someone thinks more are needed.

                ________________________________

                From: Dan Muzzey <muzzey314@...>
                Sender: PrairieThunderPyrotechnics@yahoogroups.com
                Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 18:37:55 -0700 (PDT)
                To: <PrairieThunderPyrotechnics@yahoogroups.com>

                --- In PrairieThunderPyrotechnics@yahoogroups.com <http://us.mc593.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=PrairieThunderPyrotechnics%40yahoogroups.com> , luann_moore1313@... wrote:

                > We will have several dolas and maybe a wheel as well.

              • tsklebar
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 1, 2012
                  All,

                  We can only hope that the rain forecast for Wednesday is true and we get some rain. Right now, we are still in a burn ban and it is as dry as I have ever seen it. If the rain comes, we should be fine but I will let everyone know by Thursday whether we can shoot or not at my home.

                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 1, 2012

                    I am not planning on coming up. The rain we have gotten hasnt done anything to lessen the fire danger here.

                    Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android