Re:group shoot july 17th

  • tom sklebar
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 7 4:00 PM
      Will try to get there, but on the road for the next week. Hans, let us know
      where.

      Recap and ramblings for PGI 2010. Last minute details are swamping your PGI
      board of directors, but minor adjustments only. There will be at least
      three youth manufacturing events for the Junior Pyros, including yours truly
      with the mini mines. All will be added to the JPA display and choreographed
      into the production. For those with kids, and those who attended my build,
      I plan to organize and really push for a large manufacturing contingent by
      the kids for 2011 including a number of All Stars and Grand Masters as
      instructors. For competition, one interesting shell I plan to watch is the
      5 break 16" shell by one of the competitors. Others, which I am not at
      liberty to say, will be interesting. For those of you interested in seeing
      the competition product but promise not to get in the way, on Sunday
      afternoon it's in the program, Mike Swisher and Bill Bahr inspect the
      competition shells at the magazine. No pictures (of course) but it is
      usually the one chance to see the large caliber shells before they are shot.
      Sorry, I can't be there due to the club officers meeting I am chairing at
      that time. BTW, the three public display nights, Sunday, Wednesday and
      Friday may be the best we have seen in quite some time. Other pgi news of
      note, the elections this year at PGi will be large, with 6 candidates. The
      usual Q&A of candidates will be at the Thursday business meeting so if you
      want to quiz the candidates I have to deal with for another year, stop by.
      A big thanks, attaboy, pats on the back and kudos to PTPG go out to Dan
      Muzzey and family for arranging the scavenger hunt for rug rats and yard
      apes this year at convention. You have no idea how much the other
      volunteers admire and recognize this type of effort.
      The future site meeting on Friday will include chatter about Fargo in 2011
      as well as a representative from Fargo CVB and the RRVF manager there most
      of the week and the Fargo CVB will have a booth in the trade show. As the
      PGI board designated liaison for Fargo, I would like to have both an
      organizational meeting this coming fall just amongst us locals, as well as
      invite all Prairie Thunder members to the spring planning meeting in 2011
      (date and time TBA usually April ). At present, the Fargo CVB will be site
      host, a site manager has been approached and will be confirmed at Appleton.
      I am still looking for more local support to the site manager. This is a
      PAID position with compensation (not near enough to cover your hours of work
      but worth it) so if you can start full time a couple of weeks before
      convention and work on some things part time leading up to convention,
      contact me directly.
      I arrive at convention in Appleton on August 4. Gotta get there early.
      Murphy's Law always rules at conventions. As usual, we try to keep all the
      nuts in one box but it never works. Yell at me if you see me running by. I
      will try to stop.

      One final note: Fargo 2011 I fully plan to step down from PGI Board after 8
      years as chair and board member and work more with the JPA and
      manufacturing. I also plan to step up involvement with PTPG at whatever
      capacity the members would like to allow.

      Enough verbage. I'm starting to channel Steinberg.

      Tom Sklebar
      1st Vice President
      Pyrotechnics Guild International
      toms995@...
      701-489-3490
    • jrsrocket@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 7 6:43 PM
        Tom:
        mini mines  ??
        as opposed to mini me's?
        :)

        In a message dated 7/7/2010 7:01:48 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, toms995@... writes:
        Will try to get there, but on the road for the next week.  Hans, let us know
        where.

        Recap and ramblings for PGI 2010.  Last minute details are swamping your PGI
        board of directors, but minor adjustments only.  There will be at least
        three youth manufacturing events for the Junior Pyros, including yours truly
        with the mini mines.
      • Hans
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 7 7:44 PM
          Wow! Thanks for the sneak peak Tom. And thank you JS for the chime in. Mini mines sound like a good little project.

          See ya for sure in about a month.

          Hans