summer schedule

  • Anthony
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 5, 2010
      SOUNDS AS IF MUCH IS IN THE WORKS FOR THIS SEASON OF FIREWORKS.
      CAN'T WAIT TO MAKE A SHELL. I WANT TO BE THERE.
      ONE THING NOT ON DAN'S LIST WAS THE POSSIBLE TRIP TO TOM SKELBAR'S PLACE. HOPE THAT IS STILL POSSIBLE.

      TONY
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 5, 2010
        Its on the list.  Just looking for someone to step up and make it happen.  It's probably going to take two weekends.  One weekend making stars and stuff like that.  Then one weekend making shells.  I won't be able to make both weekends.  Its a four or five hour drive for me.  If you are interested in working out the finer details (dates, attendies, costs) then let me know then work with Tom to make it happen.

        Dan

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 19, 2010
          Dan and all,

          I think we can make this happen in one weekend if there are a few people that will have trouble making it back for a second trip. There have been new techniques developed that use solvents other than water to bind the star compositions; the end result being that stars can be made and shot on the same day. If we use paper tape for pasting (ala WASP, but manually), the shells could be ready to shoot within a few hrs. Those folks who can make it back for the next weekend can make more traditional shells if they desire.

          Something to think about anyway. :)

          Andy