Prairie Thunder Happenings

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2010
      Prairie Thunder Happenings

      As Prairie Thunder enters its third year of existance we look forward into what the next year holds for us.

      Future Adventures -- Anyone interested in a weekend shell building retreat?  We are currently working on a spring retreat where club members will get the chance to build and shoot shells in a remote location.  Actually this may require work over two weekends.  The first weekend would be making stars for shells.  The second weekend would be putting the shells together.  If you are interested in heading this up let me know.

      PGI Class C competitions -- The class C competition in Mason City was fierce.  Four small C shows, four large C shows, and three unlimited shows.  Appleton is looking to be another fierce competition.  We are looking for someone to lead up the charge and tack their name onto a club entry in Appleton .

      Spring/Summer/ Fall Shoots -- Once again we will be having three shoots in 2010.  Look for a spring shoot around April/May, a summer shoot in late July and a fall shoot in September/October.

      Fundraising --  Insurance is still our biggest hurdle.  Insurance has come down in price but a basic policy is still over $4000.  A policy that covers homemade devices, rockets, flame effects will likely run more.  Feel free to send any fundraising ideas to your favorite board member.

      Looking back  --  The 2009 PGI convention in Mason City was intense.  There were nearly 3 times the attendiese as there were in Gillette.  Chemical sales were in full swing as were the Class C sales.  The Class B line was up and running although still quiter than in Fargo .

      Our final shoot of 2009 was quite entertaining.  The dinner was superb.  Who would have thought aligator roasted over a black powder fire would have tasted so good.

      Special thanks go out to John and Annie at Adventure Shooting Sports for allowing us the use of their facility for our shoots.