RE: [PrairieThunderPyrotechnics] Re: Membership meeting of Prairie Thunder July 18th

  • Matt Langlie
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 13 3:10 PM

      My vote is the gun club at least one more time.  For one I like the space and for two we told several people that want to join the club to come on out to the gun club.  We might have been wrong telling them it was there but I forgot we didn’t have this figured out yet.

      Matt

      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 14 7:24 AM
        I sent John an email just now. We will see what he says.

        Hans

        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 15 9:45 AM
          John has graciously agreed to let PTPG shoot at the gun club on the evening of July 18th.

          Due to the short notice, I was soft in my approach and said there would not be a large group production, but rather some hand lighting for an hour or so at dark. He is clearly glad to have us, but I feel that we always seem to outstay our welcome by the time we get everything picked up and put away.

          If we are going to do a fall shoot in maybe September, I suggest that we get on the ball and discuss it with him when we are out there on Saturday.

          Since the whole barbque/picnic thing seems to chime in occasionally, perhaps the approach to take would be to hold it at the club, but use his catering service. Yes it would cost us more, but I think we are lucky to have him as a supporter of our activities and we should support his business as an organization.

          We have lots of old business to clear up on Saturday, but I would like to put this idea on the agenda for discussion.

          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 15 9:55 AM
            Could we get an agenda put together for the meeting?  They seem to go quicker with agendas.

            Dan

            John has graciously agreed to let PTPG shoot at the gun club on the evening of July 18th.

            Due to the short notice, I was soft in my approach and said there would not be a large group production, but rather some hand lighting for an hour or so at dark. He is clearly glad to have us, but I feel that we always seem to outstay our welcome by the time we get everything picked up and put away.

            If we are going to do a fall shoot in maybe September, I suggest that we get on the ball and discuss it with him when we are out there on Saturday.

            Since the whole barbque/picnic thing seems to chime in occasionally, perhaps the approach to take would be to hold it at the club, but use his catering service. Yes it would cost us more, but I think we are lucky to have him as a supporter of our activities and we should support his business as an organization.

            We have lots of old business to clear up on Saturday, but I would like to put this idea on the agenda for discussion.

            Hans

            --- In PrairieThunderPyrot echnics@yahoogro ups.com, "Hans Miller" <miabdia@... > wrote:

            > I sent John an email just now. We will see what he says.
            >
            > Hans
            >

            > --- In PrairieThunderPyrot echnics@yahoogro ups.com, "Matt Langlie" <mlanglie@> wrote:
            > >
            > > My vote is the gun club at least one more time. For one I like the space and for two we told several people that want to join the club to come on out to the gun club. We might have been wrong telling them it was there but I forgot we didn’t have this figured out yet.
            > >

            > > Matt

          • Kevin Johnson
            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 15 7:43 PM
              Glad to hear this. We've got some folks that we talked to at the stand
              this season that I expect to show up for the shoot and hopefully we can
              add them to the club. I did have a small show put together that I was
              hoping to shoot for these "potential club members" (and to get some more
              practice with my e-fire system). It's only 18 cakes (200s and 500s), a
              dozen mines, a girandola and 2 racks of shells - less than 5 minutes
              total. Hopefully we'll have time to sneak this into the festivities.

              I'd definitely vote for having food from the gun club, regardless of
              cost.

              I like Dan's idea of having a written agenda prepared before the meeting
              so it's easier to stay on track too. Let me know if you need help with
              anything getting ready for this Saturday.

              Kevin

              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 15 7:58 PM
                I plan on doing something little.  5 - 10 cakes, some shells, a girandola or two....

                I'd like to do a head to head comparision on the cannon assorted mines as well.  I've got the pyro predator version.  I'd like to compare them to the original and the FOA version.

                Miller" <miabdia@> wrote:

                will be held at 2pm on Saturday July 18th 2009.

                Fargo. The address of the Facility is 5225 31st ave. S. "Sorry- the bar
                is closed for the season, so we will not be wooping it up."

                idea of holding the meeting away from a shoot site is to keep us on the
                task of the business at hand. If anybody in the club cares to step up
                and offer up a site, go for it. Otherwise, I will call the gun club and
                see if they will let us come out for the evening.

                > > > And as for the shoot site??? Do we have somewhere that we can
                shoot?

              • Hans Miller
                Message 7 of 14 , Jul 18 11:43 PM
                  Dan, if that was little, I cant wait until you put on something you claim to be be large scale. Very nice job! Certainly more than 10 cakes though. My video of it is not too bad. You definitely won the most shots in under 2 minutes award.

                  I really like this format we have used the last 2 shoots. 4 clearly different styles. Hopefully it will continue to grow.

                  Hans

                  Message 8 of 14 , Jul 19 7:08 AM
                    I was pretty happy with the results.  With all the fuse connections I only had one shell that didn' go up.  Thats almost a 99% passfire rate considering 40 shells, some with added leaders, and most cakes on the wings had several connections.  However, I did have a bad case of premature ignition.  Show should have lasted around five minutes.  At least everything blended well :)