Club meeting

    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 1, 2008
      Club meeting

      It is amazing to sit here now and look back.  Can you believe that it has been almost a year since we sat in a conference room discussing the formation of a Fireworks Enthusiasts Club in the Fargo/Moorhead area?  Many things have happened over the last year.  Our club secured our name and has a website.  An inaugural club shoot was held at Adventure Sports Park way back in May.  The Fourth of July season came and went.  A handful of us trekked across the barren wasteland of North Dakota and Wyoming to attend the PGI and not only compete but also win in the small C competition.  We held our club’s second shoot in September.  Now winter is coming on strong, reminding us that we live in a harsh climate.

      Winter reminds us that the year is coming to a close.  With the closing of the old year comes the excitement of a new year.  To prepare for this new year we will be having a business meeting on Sunday November 30th at 2PM.  (Location to be determined.)  Some items on the table will be the election of a standing Board of Directors (instead of the interim board currently serving), a membership update, financial update, and a discussion of the next years shoots.  If everything falls into place, we will conclude the day with some open shooting.

    • Matt Langlie
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 1, 2008

        Looks like that is Thanksgiving weekend.  Do we really always want to pick the holidays?  Just a question, because just telling my wife the day got her excited, and not in a good way.

[...]

      • Keith Meyer
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 1, 2008

          I cannot be there that day either. If the meeting is held that day, I am open to a position on the board if it is needed, even though I won’t be there.

          Keith

        • toms995@hughes.net
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 2, 2008
            Nope,

            Leave our family out also because of Thanksgiving day weekend. Way too many
            obligations that weekend.

            Tom Sklebar
            1st Vice President
            Pyrotechnics Guild International
            toms995@...
            701-489-3490
          • Perry McClellan
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 3, 2008
              Between Deer and Pheasant hunting and family obligations (Thanksgiving Holiday) Weekends in November may be very difficult to attend a club meeting. I will continue to support our Club and help out any way I can.

[...]

            • Jonathan Schuler
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 3, 2008

                I thought that there had been a verbal agreement to not have the meeting in November due to hunting and holiday obligations. I will not be able to attend the meeting either if it is in November.

[...]

              • Hans Miller
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 4, 2008
                  The BOD is working on a solution for a new date. It is safe to say
                  that no date is perfect and there will be some who cannot attend
                  regardless of what is picked.

                  Hans

                  --- In PrairieThunderPyrotechnics@yahoogroups.com, "Jonathan Schuler"