The rest of the year

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 25, 2008

      Its late August and school is starting up.  Unfortunately, before we know it the snow is going to be blowing and the frigid winter will set in.  The interim Board of Directors term expires in November where we plan to elect a Board.  The dates of this have not been finalized but it is fast approaching.  At this point, I would like to throw it out there.  Does anybody wish to run for a term on the Board?  When I originally got into this all I wanted to do was shoot some fireworks.  However, since there was not a club I found myself (with help from each of you) building a new club.  The next several years are going to form an identity for this club.  The PGI will be back in Fargo in three years.  I have high hopes (maybe a pipe dreamJ) of providing a truly memorable opening show that has never been done before.  Back on topic…if you wish to sit on the board then let the club know.  Experience is not necessary, only the passion to make something truly special.  There are many different personalities and wants for the club so now is the time to speak up.

      Finally, how active do we wish to be in the next four months?  We have a shoot in September.  The plan is to have a business meeting in November.  Should we turn this into a shoot as well?  Any thoughts on the shoots?  Should we try to have more of them?  Less of them?  Different setup?

      I plan to put a newsletter together after the September shoot.  If you would like to write, anything up for it feel free to. This could be a personal story, PGI reflections, and fourth reflections, whatever we think of.