How about another group shoot

  • miabdia
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 2, 2008
      Ok, I know, it is the 2nd of July.

      After a series of bad breaks and misunderstandings, the show that I
      have been doing with another bunch of people for 7 years was forced to
      out of our venue at the last minute. 1 call to John at Adventure
      Shooting Sports and the problem was solved. We efired 80 200g cakes,
      15 500g cakes and handfired 425 shells. It was a very good show and
      he was glad to have us. About 150 from my group and he had quite a
      few straggling customers who called friends and stuck around. Total
      crowd was about 225.

      Well, I got a text from John this morning asking if PTPG would be up
      for doing a shoot on 9/6 as an element of a fund raiser for troubled
      youth that is being held at his facility. Many details of possible
      funding, logistics, availability of members on that date, and etc. to
      come. This is just the feeler.

      Who would be up for helping set up, donating product, and all that jazz?

      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 3, 2008
        I'm in. I've got a Jesters Revenge that I want to try after the shoot. Video doesn't look all that great but I fell for the size :( and had to buy it :) I'll have other stuff as well.

        I would be willing to help out on another group shoot. These shoots provide a great opportunity for beginning pyros, such as myself to learn. As it stands now, my wife and I do not plan to attend PGI this year. We are busy with work, and the company I work for has been bought out by Caterpillar, consequently I will be busy this summer with transition issues. Are you planning another meeting after the 4th? I wonder how many people are interested in joining PTPG.
        Perry

          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 13, 2008
            Ok. when are we going to have at least a meeting and maybe an open
            shoot? We have some produce that we would like to shoot but dont
            have anyplace to do so.

            Matt

            --- In PrairieThunderPyrotechnics@yahoogroups.com, Keith Meyer

            [PrairieThunderPyrotechnics@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of miabdia
            [miabdia@...]

            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 14, 2008
            • miabdia
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 14, 2008
                I am kind of in the same boat as Dan. As far as fireworks go, the
                PGI and our competition piece is the task at hand for me. I will be
                in Minot on a work (vacation) July 19-27, back to Fargo for 2 weeks
                and then off to PGI. The deal on the 6th at the gun club is not
                quite solid yet, but I get the feeling that it will work out for us
                and for the organization that is doing the fundraiser.

                So what kind of produce are you wanting to test, some e coli laden
                tomatoes? Just kidding, couldn't resist. If you just want to shoot
                some stuff, give John a call out at the gun club. Just tell him you
                were part of the group that was there for his grand opening and he
                will probably say come on out. His email is john@...

                As our membership grows and we gain friends who are rural property
                owners, our opportunities will open up even more. If it turns out
                that you will be shooting a lot of product or going on for a long
                time, I might suggest a call to cass county dispatch just to let them
                know what you are doing.

                Good luck!

                Hans

                --- In PrairieThunderPyrotechnics@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Muzzey"
                <dan.muzzey@...> wrote:

                > I don't think I'll be available for anything until after the PGI.
                I had
                > really hoped to sneak over to Fargo and try some things out before
                the
                > competition. However, its looking a little tough. I do have some
                items
                > for the next get together. I picked up a Jesters Revenge that I'm
                > saving for the group. Also got some Dominator and Universal Dragon
                > stuff that I have not had the chance to try out.
                >
                > Dan
                >
                > ________________________________
                >
                > From: PrairieThunderPyrotechnics@yahoogroups.com
                Matt
                > Langlie
                > Sent: Sunday, July 13, 2008 10:06 PM
                > To: PrairieThunderPyrotechnics@yahoogroups.com
                > Subject: [PrairieThunderPyrotechnics] Re: How about another group
                shoot

                > Ok. when are we going to have at least a meeting and maybe an open
                > shoot? We have some produce that we would like to shoot but dont
                > have anyplace to do so.
                >
                > Matt
                >
                > --- In PrairieThunderPyrotechnics@yahoogroups.com
                > <mailto:PrairieThunderPyrotechnics%40yahoogroups.com> , Keith Meyer
                > <Keith.Meyer@> wrote:
                > >
                > > I'm in. I'd be glad to help and donate some product.
                > > ________________________________
                > > From: PrairieThunderPyrotechnics@yahoogroups.com
                > <mailto:PrairieThunderPyrotechnics%40yahoogroups.com>
                > [PrairieThunderPyrotechnics@yahoogroups.com

              • Matt Langlie
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 14, 2008

                  I tell you, one little typo and they pounce.

                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 14, 2008
                  • miabdia
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 14, 2008
                      Matt was digging back at me. His 1st reply indicated that he wanted
                      to test some PRODUCE when he obviously meant to say PRODUCT. I could
                      have left it alone, but as Matt says, I pounce... like a liger. If
                      you care to review my blunders, go back to the discussion of the
                      promo flyer where I couldn't spell or properly identify the correct
                      version of "whether or weather", and I couldnt for the life of me
                      spell out prairiethunderpyro.org.

                      Either way, I should known better to be the spelling, typo or grammer
                      police. Pyro U, the pml, and pgi lists have their share of fights
                      over such matters.

                      For what it's worth, I thought is was a pretty good one given the
                      state of the produce industry and all of their woes.

                      <dan.muzzey@...> wrote:

                      > Not sure what you meant there about the typo. Please don't take any
                      > offense at my response. If I lived in Fargo I'd be giving you a
                      call
                      > tonight saying, "hey, lets go shoot something." Last couple times
                      I've
                      > been in Fargo I'd hoped to light some parachutes for the kids, but
                      the
                      > wind has been just brutal.
                      >
                      > I'd also encourage our members to get together outside the club and
                      do
                      > stuff. No reason for a couple people from the club not to get
                      together
                      > some evening, grill some burgers and launch a couple hundred shells.
                      > After all, one of the points of the club is to meet others with the
                      same
                      > interest. Just be safe and respectful in what you light.
                      >
                      > Of course, sometime in the next two weeks I have to run over to
                      Fargo
                      > and pick up my camper. Hmm....
                      >
                      > Dan
                      >
                      > ________________________________
                      >
                      > From: PrairieThunderPyrotechnics@yahoogroups.com

                      Muzzey"

                      Message 10 of 11 , Jul 14, 2008
                      • miabdia
                        Message 11 of 11 , Aug 4, 2008
                          This is still up in the air as far as I know, so a bump on this
                          discussion board may help.

                          A three week break after PGI and this could be our season finale. As
                          I indicated in an email, I am in for some time and product and a few
                          others have chimed in too, but a group shoot or display can hardly be
                          done right with 2 guys when we have all of this talent and resources
                          around.

                          If our competition piece goes well, we could try to replay it, but it
                          is only 4 minutes long.