    Apr 24, 2013
      Not to mention I would enjoy the helping fellow pyro's with the show and it would be learning experience I think for everyone so we could all learn from each other and learn how big shows are shot and help out.  Plus could help raise some awareness for the club if people hear the club being associated with a big show shot at the PGI and maybe help get some more people who enjoy pyro to join after seeing what the club does.

      I know that after talking to Kevin and stuff and reading on here that you guys do a lot of manufacturing and I think that would be cool to have some of us compete in that as well.

      On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 1:03 PM, Cody Mammenga <cody.n.mammenga@...> wrote:
      Sweet.  I would be really interested in doing this and I am even more than willing to donate product or money for product.  I just think it would be fun to get the chance to say you were part of a huge display done by the club not to mention be part of a show that is shot in front of thousands of people.  I figured there had to be people in the club who have had experience with displays and stuff like this.  I am hoping to make it to a club meeting or even this year to get to meet more of you guys.  I know some people just from living in Horace and talking to fellow pyro's.

      On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 1:00 PM, Dan Muzzey <muzzey314@...> wrote:

      B in Gillette we competed in the small contest.  It would be fun to compete again.  Fargo is scheduled for 2015 and Mason City for 2014.  I'd be open for either/both.  The last two years I've been helping Team Dominator at both the PGI and NFA.  I've learned much about getting a show in the field but haven't actually designed a show for several years now.  In Saint Louis this year Kevin and I did the Blind Pyro competion but had a rough go at it.  6 hours to design a show with unknown product is tough.  I also helped with Tye Hanke on the Pro Am competition down in Saint Louis.  http://www.stlshoot.com/pro-am-pyro/  This and the dominator shows have definately taken it to a new level.  On the pro am show we had 600 cues in roughly 6 minutes.

      I could probably arrainge for a star fire system and perhaps even some product from some vendors.

      Dan

      From: Jared Birk <pyrobirk@...>
      To: PrairieThunderPyrotechnics@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 12:53 PM
      Subject: Re: [PrairieThunderPyrotechnics] Doing a club show for the PGI

      Sounds like fun!  I think they're schedule to come back to Fargo in 2015.
      Jared
      On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 12:00 PM, Cody Mammenga <cody.n.mammenga@...> wrote:

      Hey, I have not posted a ton in this group thing and have yet to be able to attend a club meeting due to a busy schedule.  I am hoping to this year.I just figured I would throw out an idea that I have had for a couple years even before I joined the club.  I was thinking that the club should and could enter the 1.4 competition display at the PGI when it comes to Fargo.  I know I saw that they had in the past so I figured I would bring it up and see if people would be interested.  I have not specifically looked when the PGI is back in Fargo but I figured I would bring it up now.  I also know there are the different 1.4 displays and not sure how many people wanted to get involved with it but I think it would be possible to even do the unlimited 1.4 competition.  I am not sure what everyone has for systems but I know a couple members in the club have the cobra systems, I personally am using a merlock which is fully digital 2 wire setup like the Starfire and is compatible with any merlin system.  I have 3 32 cue modules with plans to add some more next year.Well just figured I would throw the idea out there and see if there was interest.  I figured if 10 people got involved heavily depending on class we competed in but if everyone say put in $200 in fireworks which is not a ton of money invested we could easily do a heck of a show.  Or else there is always fundraising or a raffle or something like that to raise money for the display.
      Post up your opinions

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic