Children's Dental Health Services

  • Sheila Collom
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 7, 2009

      I received a call from Karen Hennessey of Children’s Dental Health Services in Rochester.  She was wanting to know if I could help her get the word out about their dental services for children age 0-14.  They are a “portable” dental office that comes to Winona about once a month to help individuals who do not have dental insurance or they will bill your insurance company. If the need arises, they will come to Winona more often.   They are currently using space in the Plaza Building on the corner of Main and 3rd for appointments.  For those individuals who do not have insurance, they may qualify for a grant program to pay for services.  They also have a sliding scale fee.   Interested individuals need to call their Rochester office at 507-273-7257 for an appointment.  If you know of anyone who could use this type of help, please forward.  Karen also said she could print flyers but needed places to put them.   Thanks.

      I found the following information on the Minnesota Low-Cost Health Care Directory website www.cdf-mn.org/HealthCare/dental.htm:

      Children's Dental Health Services
      United Way Building
      903 W. Center Street, #208
      Rochester, MN 55902
      507-273-7257

      Services for 0-14 yrs old, dental hygiene, teeth cleaning, fluoride treatments, nutritional counseling, oral hygiene instructions, referrals

      Sliding fee scale and Spanish speaking interpreters only

      Hours M-Th 8-5 and Fridays as needed; no walk ins, please call.

      Sheila Collom

      MediAppS Caseworker

      Catholic Charities

      111 Market Street, P.O. Box 379

      Winona MN 55987

      507-454-2270, ext. 230

      scollom@...

    • margaret.schild@winona.k12.mn.us
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 7, 2009

        Hello- I also wanted to let the group know that Winona Area Public Schools is working with Children's Dental Health Services to provide clinics on site at the elementary schools. This year we have had clinics at Jefferson and Goodview schools and have scheduled a clinic at WK on January  26. We hope to have clinics available at each of our elementary schools by next year.

        Margaret M. Schild, Director
        Community Education
        Winona Area Public Schools
        (507) 494-0900
        FAX (507) 494-0909
        margaret.schild@...

        Confidentiality Notice: This email message, including attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

        "Sheila Collom" <scollom@...>
        Sent by: PovertyRndTable@yahoogroups.com

        01/07/2009 11:49 AM

        Please respond to
        PovertyRndTable@yahoogroups.com

        <PovertyRndTable@yahoogroups.com>
        cc
        Subject
        [PovertyRndTable] Children's Dental Health Services