Renting in Winona Panel

  • Kay Peterson
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2008

      Good morning,

      I want to make you aware of a terrific panel being hosted by Winona Volunteer Services on Monday, September 22 called “Renting in Winona.”

      The panel discussion is open to the public. As you see fit, please make personal invitations to clients and post the flyer I am attaching. Thank you.

      I also want to encourage area service providers to attend as the dialogue may be very relevant in making referrals and/or providing direct assistance to clients.

      Here’s the press release for the panel:

      Want to find out more about renting in Winona? Here’s your chance.  A workshop is being sponsored by Moving Ahead to Financial Freedom, a Winona community initiative, to answer the questions you’ve been curious about.  A panel of experts from Southern Minnesota Regional Legal Services, Winona Housing & Redevelopment Authority, Winona Housing Association, Winona Volunteer Services, and Habitat for Humanity will be addressing topics such as:

      *           Tenant’s Rights

      *           Income-based Housing

      *           Getting deposits back

      *           Finding a place to live

      *           Homeownership through Habitat for Humanity

      This free session will be held 5:30-7:30 p.m., Monday, September 22, at Winona Volunteer Services, 402 E. 2nd St., Winona.

      To register for this great opportunity, or to get more information, call Winona Volunteer Services at 452-5591 by September 19.

      Kay Peterson

      Client Services Coordinator

      Winona Volunteer Services

      402 East 2nd Street