Family Health & Safety Day

  • Marie Plaskett
    Message 1 of 1 , May 6, 2008

      Hi Everyone!

      I wanted to let everyone know about the Family Health & Safety Day that the Winona County Red Cross is sponsoring on Saturday, May 17th from 9am-noon at the Winona Mall .  It is a great day of local groups coming together to educate the community and promote family health!

      There will be something for everyone!  Emergency response vehicles to tour such as fire trucks, ambulance, police/sheriff cars, possibly dive & rescue, and the Red Cross ERV.  McGruff and Sparky will be greeting the kids and posing for pictures.  There will be a bake sale and face painting.  You can register your child with CompuKid, learn how to prepare your family in the event of a disaster, kids can learn what goes in a disaster and first aid kit with the help of Red Cross staff and volunteers, and come check out Healthy Kids Club.  There are also planned breakout sessions that are going to be held on the half hour (starting at 9:30am) in an empty store area.  They include: Grace Place with Kindermusik, Car Seat Safety with Winona County Health, Baby Sling use with Baby Connections, and Maintaining Good Back Alignment with Cone Chiropractic.  Many of these groups will also have information tables in the mall.  There will be first aid kits available to purchase for personal and family use. It looks to be a wonderful day for the entire family!!!

      Please pass on the attached flier and we hope to see you there!  If there are any questions feel free to call the Winona County Chapter of the Red Cross at 452-4258.

      Enjoy the sun!

      Marie Plaskett

      Executive Director

      American Red Cross