Snow shoveling service for cash for homeless man

  • Rick King
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 9, 2003
      Hi!
      I'm emailing you about one Thomas Davis, a disabled fisherman who's been up
      in Moorhead for about 2-3 years, disabled by head injury 2 years ago,
      staying at Bethany House, who's willing to shovel snow for some cash, and is
      looking for places that would be willing to pay him to do same.
      If you have any need, please let me know.
      Thanks!

      Rev Rick King
      First Congregational Church
      161 West Broadway
      Winona Mn 55987
      Phone: 507-452-4829
      Fax: 507-457-0238
      E-mail: revrick@...
    • Craig Brooks
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 9, 2003
        Rev. Rick
        Minn. has programs this man may be able to take advantage of. Medical
        Assistance, Minnesota Supplemental Aid and the Traumatic Brain Injury
        program are the main ones (accessed via the County). The Social Security
        office might be contacted if he isn't receiving SS benefits, and if not
        eligible, maybe SSI benefits. Talking with WORC might be beneficial and the
        Vocational Counselors with The Division of Rehab. Services -- out at the
        Workforce Center housed in the SE Minn.. Voc. College.
        Craig Brooks

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 10, 2003
          How long is he staying at Bethany House? Our custodian could use some help
          with show shoveling...can this person operate a snow blower? He would need
          to come here before our 7 am Mass or he could be helping right now on the
          sidewalks. Thanks. Ruth Korder, Cathedral
          > I'm emailing you about one Thomas Davis, a disabled fisherman who's been
          up
          > in Moorhead for about 2-3 years, disabled by head injury 2 years ago,
          > staying at Bethany House, who's willing to shovel snow for some cash, and
          is
          > looking for places that would be willing to pay him to do same.
          > If you have any need, please let me know.
          > Thanks!
          >
          > Rev Rick King
          > First Congregational Church
          > 161 West Broadway
          > Winona Mn 55987
          > Phone: 507-452-4829
          > Fax: 507-457-0238
          > E-mail: revrick@...
          >

          > For more information: http://www.winonashares.org/
          > Post message: mailto:PovertyRndTable@yahoogroups.com
          > Subscribe: mailto:PovertyRndTable-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

          > "If the misery of our poor be caused not by the laws of nature, but by our
          institutions, great is our sin." -Charles Darwin

        • Diana Miller
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 10, 2003
            We are in dire need of a snow shoveler at the WRC! We would have to pay
            with a check every week, but we are certainly willing to pay for the
            job. Please contact me at 452-4440 if he's still available. Thanks,
            Diana Miller

            One month FREE spam protection at http://www.cloudmark.com/spamnetsig/}

[...]

            Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/