Free Health Care Forum - March 10th

  • Craig Brooks
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2007
      Please forward this to anyone you think would find this of interest.
      DO YOU BELIEVE THAT HEALTH CARE IS A HUMAN RIGHT?
      Do you think our health care system is a mess? Do you support health care reform that
      guarantees quality, comprehensive health care that is also efficient to administer and controls spiraling costs?

       Please come Saturday, March 10, 2007 to Stark Hall Science Lab Center at Winona State University
       from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM to learn about single payer universal health care as the solution.

       We are pleased to announce an event of a newly formed group, the Great
      Northern States Health Care Initiative, and guest speaker Kip Sullivan,
      author of “the Health Care Mess: How We Got Into It and How We Will Get
      Out of It.” Mr. Sullivan has been teaching and writing about the
      American health care crisis since 1986. He will share some of his
      research and his ideas of how to fix the health care problem in this
      country.

       The Great Northern States Health Care Initiative is a nonpartisan
      group of folks from both sides of the Mississippi River, Minnesota
      and Wisconsin, who have come together for the purpose of advocacy for a
      better health care system in our states and our nation.

       Single-payer health care is a system in which a single public or
      quasi-public agency organizes health financing, but delivery remains
      largely private. This system would be fair, affordable, universal, and
      would let us use the doctor and hospital of our choice, without
      unneeded waits for needed surgical procedures.

       Please join us on Saturday, March 10 at WSU's Stark Hall - corner of Washington and Sanborn just west of Somsen.
      We will educate ourselves and others in our communities on the importance of a single-payer health care system. We recognize there are current
      political obstacles to a single-payer system yet we hope to raise awareness as to its benefits.

       We hope to see you there.

      Craig Brooks