Space available for non-profitsl

  • United Way of the Greater Winona Area
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2005
      Hi all -

      An exciting opportunity has become available for non-profits in the
      community. Winona Clinic will vacate its current location early next year
      and move into the medical office building that's under construction next to
      Community Memorial Hospital. Winona Health, which will own what is now the
      clinic's building, has graciously agreed to offer about 12,000 square feet
      of the building to non-profit human service organizations that would like to
      co-locate.

      We're still working out specific details, but the overall plan looks like
      this:
      * The space would be available about August or September 2006
      * Under current assumptions, the annual rent would be $16 per square foot.
      This would be all-inclusive (utilities,taxes, insurance, maintenance of
      common
      areas, etc.) and includes an allowance for remodeling and reconfiguring the
      existing floor plan. While the allowance should be adequate, the final rent
      number would be impacted by the actual costs needed to remodel the space
      to meet specification of the lessee.
      * Locating in new space would give the participating agencies the
      opportunity to design the space in a manner that would facilitate sharing
      overhead costs (for example, phone system, copier, support staff....), and
      leave more dollars for programs and services.

      One of the reasons this is so exciting is that it has the potential to make
      the lives of clients easier by having several organizations in one place.
      We're also excited about the non-profit/healthcare partnership.

      If you're interested in talking about this or want more information, let me
      know as soon as possible.

      Thanks,
      Beth

      Beth Forkner Moe
      Executive Director
      United Way of the Greater Winona Area
      507-452-4624
      unitedway@...
    • project FINE
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 2, 2005
        We are interested - especially if
        --the county sells the building that we are in right now and we have to move
        anyway unless the county can give us space wherever it moves to...
        --the other non-profits serve some of the same clients.

        I would love to be able to share overhead costs.
        Thanks, Jean