Re: [PovertyRndTable] man asking for help

  • Shari_Klippenstein@...
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 26, 2013
      I think I know which man you are referring to, because we offered him the opportunity to apply for a job with us at Salvation Army, but he refused because we pay too little. He informed me that he makes about $12.00 dollars an hour standing at the corner asking for money with his sign. I am also aware that several community members have offered him free meals. So I thought I'd share this information with you all.

      Shari Klippenstein
      Salvation Army Thrift Store-Winona
      Store Supervisor
      507-474-2400

      Kay Peterson <KayP@...>
      Sent by: PovertyRndTable@yahoogroups.com

      04/26/2013 11:38 AM

      Please respond to
      PovertyRndTable@yahoogroups.com

      "PovertyRndTable@yahoogroups.com" <PovertyRndTable@yahoogroups.com>
      cc
      Subject
      [PovertyRndTable] man asking for help

      Greetings. There is a man right now making phone calls to churches asking for help to pay for housing.  In the words of one church employee, this man is ‘manipulative’ on the phone. We have encountered him many times over the years, and provided several bus tickets out of town for him. He has a habit of panhandling with a sign near Hy-Vee and near Wal-Mart.  He has been offered jobs, but has refused them. He seems to be gathering quite a sum of money from passer-bys.

      I just spoke with Al at Second Chance Housing. There is a spot for him for the next few days there and then it sounds like Bethany House would open up on Tuesday.

      We can help him with food but no other financial resources at this time. If you have any questions, please call me directly at 452-5591 x12.

      Kay Peterson

      Client Services Coordinator

      Winona Volunteer Services

      402 E 2nd St

      Winona, MN  55987

      phone: 507-452-5591

      fax: 507-457-0559

      www.winonavs.org

      This mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message.

      Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifies and with authority, states them to be the views of The Salvation Army.

      usc

    • Pastor Kevin Froelich
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 27, 2013

        If it is the same man, he is staying at the Sterling Motel.  I talked to him and he said WVS had helped him previously and was not able to help him again.  I paid for one night’s lodging.  I told him it was all we could do.  Of course, he didn’t share any of the information shared in these emails.  Kevin Froelich, Redeemer Lutheran

[...]

        No virus found in this message.