Revised flyer for MNDOT Heavy Equipment Operator training

  • Abels, Jean (DEED)
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 15 2:31 PM

      We thought this program might be of some interest to your contacts.

      Attached is a revised flyer announcing the Highway Heavy Construction Training program targeting women and minorities.  This training is of no cost and folks can obtain a CDL Class A driver’s license.  Once someone has completed the paperwork and testing required for the program, the paperwork is forwarded to MnDOT.  MnDOT staff from the Office of Civil Rights will choose 12-15 participants for this class.  The class runs from May 13th – July 12th - Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.  If an individual would have to pay for this training, it would cost upwards of $3,000 to $4,000.  They will end up with about a semester of college credit after completing this training.

      Please have folks contact  the Winona WorkForce Center – 453-2920 for more information or to begin the process.  We would like to have folks contact us no later than March 29th to start the application process.

      Please distribute this information as you see fit.  Let me know if you have any questions.  Thank you for your time.

      Jean M Abels, Employment Counselor

      Department of Employment and Economic Development

      1250 Homer Road, Suite 200

      Winona, MN 55987

      Direct: 507-453-2925  TDD: 507-453-2930

      Follow DEED on Description: cid:image001.png@01CB08B2.986E7DD0      Description: cid:image002.jpg@01CB08B2.986E7DD0