Rent help needed

  • First Congregational Church of Winona
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 9 7:22 AM
      Hi!
      I just received a call from a woman who was discharged from assisted living
      July 2 and is having trouble making rent for Sept. (Has paid $50 and owes
      $400 for this month.) She started a small sewing business out of her home
      and overpaid her employees' wages--is now paying a per-piece rate instead of
      the earlier hourly, which she lost money on. She is ineligible for public
      or Sec. VIII housing assistance because of a criminal record from 12 years
      ago.
      If you can help, or if you'd like more information from me personally,
      please call me at the number below. I will be in the office till 12:15pm,
      then out this afternoon, and back for a 5:30 meeting. If you miss me this
      afternoon, call my cell phone at 312-0154.
      Thanks!

      Rev. Rick King
      First Congregational Church
      United Church of Christ
      161 West Broadway
      P.O. Box 312
      Winona MN 55987
      Phone: 507-452-4829
      Fax: 507-457-0238
      E-mail: revrick@...
    • Sandra Burke
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 9 3:44 PM
        Rick,

        I've spent my allocation for rent for the month of September. This family
        could stop in to WVS and fill out a release of information form. I can keep
        it on file.

        Still waiting to talk personally with Sharon F.

        sandra

[...]

        For more information: http://www.winonashares.org/
        Post message: mailto:PovertyRndTable@yahoogroups.com
        Subscribe: mailto:PovertyRndTable-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

        "If the misery of our poor be caused not by the laws of nature, but by our
        institutions, great is our sin." -Charles Darwin
        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • First Congregational Church of Winona
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 9 3:53 PM
          THanks. I spoke with Sharon F. on Thursday last, and the lot manager seems
          to see their first $1500 as a good-faith effort to avoid eviction, and has
          made arrangements with them for payment over time. You may or may not hear
          from her. Neat woman!
          Rick

          We've been able to raise $150 between First Baptist and us so far for the
          other woman--for her rent. Will keep you all posted.