United Way is looking for volunteers

  • Beth Moe
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2012

      We’re looking for volunteers for some of our standing committees. Hope you consider joining us!

      The Community Relations/Marketing Committee meets at 4 p.m. the 2nd Tuesday of each month. The committee’s responsibilities include: Presenting United Way’s image to the public; building relationships and and with the community; communicating the impact United Way’s work has in and on the community; educating the public about philanthropy and ways to engage in thoughtful charitable giving; working through the media and personal contacts to meet these aims; and working to recruit new members for the Board of Directors.

      The Agency Relations Committee at noon the 2nd Tuesday of February, April, June, August, October and December. Their responsibilities include: overseeing the fund distribution process, including agency applications; strengthening the non-profit sector of the community by determining and providing needed and appropriate resources (beyond funding) to non-profit agencies; strengthening United Way’s relationship with human service organizations in the community; and acting as a networking link among various human service organizations, both those that are funded by United Way and those that are not.

      The Finance Committee meets at noon the 3rd Monday of the month. Its responsibilities include: oversight of financial transactions; development of financial operational guidelines; review and approval of monthly financial statements; and approval of annual budget for the organization.

      People serving on any of these committees must live or work in Winona, Buffalo or Trempealeau counties. Applications or expressions of interest should be submitted by April 30, either via e-mail (unitedway@...) or by mail, 902 E. 2nd St., Suite 330, Winona MN 55987.

      For more information, contact the United Way office at 507-452-4624 or at unitedway@....

      Beth Forkner Moe

      Executive Director

      United Way of the Greater Winona Area