Poverty Roundtable annual meeting

  • Beth Moe
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2011

      Oh behalf of Justin Green…….

      A reminder that the Winona Area Poverty Roundtable meets this Thursday at Faith Lutheran Church (1717 W. Service Dr.) beginning at 10 AM.  We will hear reports on the two initiatives that the Roundtable adopted several years ago.  While great progress has been made on both, there is much yet to be done, and members of the Roundtable are keys to future success.

      The leadership team has planned three presentations that we think will be of interest to leaders of faith communities and to not for profit leaders in the community.  Ruth Duran Deffley of the Minnesota Council on Nonprofits will report on her organization’s activities, especially the effort to form regional organizations.  Closer to home, Mary Mundt-Reckase will report on Great Rivers 211.  The organization is our “First Call for Help” contact, and is based in LaCrosse.  Randy Schenkat and Scott Halvorson will report on an initiative currently underway by members of the Winona Education Association and in which they now are inviting the participation of Roundtable members.

      We will have time for members to report on new and expanded programs that are of interest to Roundtable members, especially programs in search of collaborators.  We also would like to have an open forum focused on possible new initiatives.

      I hope that you can attend; please feel free to bring staff members who might be interested in the Roundtable.  The meeting will adjourn no later than noon.

      Agenda

      Winona Area Poverty Roundtable

      Annual Meeting

      November 3, 2011

      Welcome, opening prayer

      Introductions

      Abundant Community, Randy Schenkat and Scott Halvorson

      Report on initiatives

                  Support for persons leaving custody

                              Pastor Warren Green, Fresh Start Ministry

                              Vic Souders, CARE

                  Healthcare for the poor

                              Merrily Hazelton, Winona County Community Health

      Presentations

                  MN Council on Nonprofits, Ruth Duran Deffley

                  Great Rivers 211, Mary Mundt Reckase

      Open conversation on programs and initiatives

      Adjourn

      Beth Forkner Moe

      Executive Director

      United Way of the Greater Winona Area

      902 E. 2nd St., Suite 330

      Winona, MN 55987

      bfmoe@...

      www.unitedwaywinona.org

      Reach out a hand to one

      and influence the condition of all.

      Give. Advocate. Volunteer. LIVE UNITED.

    • Father Rick
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 1, 2011

        Sorry I can't attend I have a funeral Thursday morning

        Fr. Rick Colletti

        Rector, Cathedral of the Sacred Heart/St. Casimir Parish

        Vicar General and Chancellor, Diocese of Winona

        360 Main Street

        Winona, MN 55987

        Office: 507-452-4770

        Mobile: 507-317-0301

        frrick@...

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 1, 2011
          I am not able to be there as I am out of town, but am very intersted
          in the work that is being done.

          David McBride

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 1, 2011

            Thanks for letting me know!