Salvation Army Vouchers

  • Craig Brooks
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 12, 2004
      I just heard from the Winona City Police Dept. that they were notified by the Salvation Army that funds ran out and will not be available until later in the Fall -- maybe October.
      This means after hours emergency help that was handled via Salvation Army vouchers by the police will not be available for the time being.
      Any suggestions on where they can refer people?

      Craig Brooks

      > Craig Brooks, Director
      > Winona County Department of Human Services
      > 202 West Third Street
      > Winona, MN 55987-3146
      > Tel: 507-457-6255
      > Fax: 507-454-9382
      > <<mailto:cbrooks@...>>
      > <<http://www.co.winona.mn.us >>
      > **********************
      > Winona - The Micropolis That Fulfills Dreams
      > **********************

    • Suzanne Belongia
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 12, 2004
        Craig and all --

        Catholic Charities is also out of emergency assistance funds. We know that
        folks can always get a hot meal at 6:00 pm at the Catholic Worker (either
        Bethany House or Dan Corcoran House, both on the 800 block of Broadway). As
        far as overnight hospitality goes, we hope to re-open Bethany House (for
        single men) for that purpose this fall and this listserve will certainly be
        notified when that happens. We continue to offer overnight stays for women
        and children (or two-parent families) at Dan Corcoran House.

        Suzanne Belongia
        Catholic Charities / Diocese of Winona

        I just heard from the Winona City Police Dept. that they were notified by
        the Salvation Army that funds ran out and will not be available until later
        in the Fall -- maybe October.
        This means after hours emergency help that was handled via Salvation Army
        vouchers by the police will not be available for the time being.
        Any suggestions on where they can refer people?

        Craig Brooks

        > Craig Brooks, Director
        > Winona County Department of Human Services
        > 202 West Third Street
        > Winona, MN 55987-3146
        > Tel: 507-457-6255
        > Fax: 507-454-9382
        > <<mailto:cbrooks@...>>
        > <<http://www.co.winona.mn.us >>
        > **********************
        > Winona - The Micropolis That Fulfills Dreams
        > **********************

        message.

        For more information: http://www.winonashares.org/
        Post message: mailto:PovertyRndTable@yahoogroups.com
        Subscribe: mailto:PovertyRndTable-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

        "If the misery of our poor be caused not by the laws of nature, but by our
        institutions, great is our sin." -Charles Darwin
        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • jan_karasch@usc.salvationarmy.org
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 12, 2004
          The Salvation Army budget year runs from Oct. 1 to Sept.30. We have
          depleted our funding budget for Winona county until Oct. 1. We have
          never spent over the budget in Winona county in the past. Divisional
          headquarters did let us spend about $500.00 over the budget and has now
          given me the order to stop all vouchering until the new budget begins.
          This was not a decision that was made lightly. As with all church's and
          agencies needs have increased and the donations have decreased. A good
          way to increase the budget Salvation Army has in Winona county would be
          to do some bell ringing at Christmas time. If any of you have church
          groups or civic groups who would be interested please contact me. It
          would be a true blessing if this did not happen again.

          "Craig Brooks" <CBrooks@...>
          08/12/2004 10:32 AM
          Please respond to PovertyRndTable

          To: "PovertyRndTable \(E-mail\)" <PovertyRndTable@yahoogroups.com>
          cc:

          I just heard from the Winona City Police Dept. that they were notified by
          the Salvation Army that funds ran out and will not be available until
          later in the Fall -- maybe October.
          This means after hours emergency help that was handled via Salvation Army
          vouchers by the police will not be available for the time being.
          Any suggestions on where they can refer people?

          Craig Brooks

          > Craig Brooks, Director
          > Winona County Department of Human Services
          > 202 West Third Street
          > Winona, MN 55987-3146
          > Tel: 507-457-6255
          > Fax: 507-454-9382
          > <<mailto:cbrooks@...>>
          > <<http://www.co.winona.mn.us >>
          > **********************
          > Winona - The Micropolis That Fulfills Dreams
          > **********************

          message.

          For more information: http://www.winonashares.org/
          Post message: mailto:PovertyRndTable@yahoogroups.com
          Subscribe: mailto:PovertyRndTable-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

          "If the misery of our poor be caused not by the laws of nature, but by our
          institutions, great is our sin." -Charles Darwin
          Yahoo! Groups Links

          they are addressed. If you have received this email in error
          please notify the originator of the message.

          states them to be the views of The Salvation Army.

          usc

        • Suzanne Belongia
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 12, 2004
            Oops -- I forgot to mention in my earlier message that in addition to dinner
            at 6:00, men can also use the Bethany House for showers and laundry and a
            place to relax from 4:00 to 7:00 pm Monday thru Friday.

            I just heard from the Winona City Police Dept. that they were notified by
            the Salvation Army that funds ran out and will not be available until later
            in the Fall -- maybe October.
            This means after hours emergency help that was handled via Salvation Army
            vouchers by the police will not be available for the time being.
            Any suggestions on where they can refer people?

            Craig Brooks

            > Craig Brooks, Director
            > Winona County Department of Human Services
            > 202 West Third Street
            > Winona, MN 55987-3146
            > Tel: 507-457-6255
            > Fax: 507-454-9382
            > <<mailto:cbrooks@...>>
            > <<http://www.co.winona.mn.us >>
            > **********************
            > Winona - The Micropolis That Fulfills Dreams
            > **********************

            message.

            For more information: http://www.winonashares.org/
            Post message: mailto:PovertyRndTable@yahoogroups.com
            Subscribe: mailto:PovertyRndTable-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

            "If the misery of our poor be caused not by the laws of nature, but by our
            institutions, great is our sin." -Charles Darwin
            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • Sandra Burke
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 13, 2004
              Jan,
              The phone number I have for you is no longer in service (1.888.366.0939.
              Would you give me a call at 452.5591 so we could discuss how WVS can fill in
              some gaps while you are waiting for funding. Also, would you let me know
              about how many vouchers the Police issued on your behalf after working hours
              on a monthly basis. Maybe we can help out in that area too.

              Thanks,

              sandra

              To: "PovertyRndTable \(E-mail\)"