Jack's Boats Paddle on the People's River & Picnic on the Dock

  • bcianflone
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 11, 2012

      Folks - We have a change of plans.  Since there was a recent death on the river due to a boater who got drunk and was not wearing a life vest, the DC Harbor Police has revised its rules for outfitters renting boats in its jurisdiction.  All boats now have to be out of the water before sunset.  So, one person's irresponsible act has not only cost him his life but has also halted the twilight paddles on the river wherein the DC Harbor Police operates.  I will need definite RSVPs for this event.

      Here is the new plan:

      Get a parking spot through luck, prayer, or driving like a New Yorker.

      Arrive at the boathouse at 4 PM

      The paddle will be 5 PM - 7 PM

      All boats have to be out of the water by 7 PM

      The legal sunset will be at 7:15 PM

      The picnic will be 7 PM - 9 PM on the dock

      We will be out of the Jack's Boats area by 9 PM

      The down side of this revised schedule is that we will be there when the end part of the daytime paddlers are still there and the place will not be solely ours.  While the area will be ours for the picnic, we will not be there at night for the paddle, so the daytime people will still be there.  Yes, there are enough boats there.