Greenbrier Lake Paddle on Sunday, December 4, 2011, 10 AM

  • Bob Cianflone
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2011
      Folks - The river has been running high and moving fast, with the Sunday
      morning height and flow at Shepherdstown predicted to be at 7 feet and
      6.9 kcfs.

      We will go to the 42-acre Greenbrier Lake in Boonsboro instead.

      On Sunday, there will be a daytime high of 53 degrees and an overnight
      low of 41 degrees. The sunrise will be at 7:15 AM and the sunset will
      be at 4:47 PM. There will be a South wind of about 11 MPH, and there is
      only a 20% chance of precipitation throughout the day.

      Sunday will be a great day to paddle on a safe body of water.

      Accordingly, we will head to the lake at Greenbrier State Park in
      Boonsboro and meet at 10 AM. Bring food and plenty of water. The park
      is open until dusk and there is a $3 per vehicle fee. Here is the
      park's web site:

      http://www.dnr.state.md.us/publiclands/western/greenbrier.asp

      Directions:

      From the East: Take I-70 west to exit 42. Bear right onto Rt. 17 north
      (follow signs). Go into the center of Myersville and Rt. 17 will turn
      right. Follow Rt. 17 to the flashing lights at the intersection of Rt.
      40. Turn left onto Rt. 40 west. Follow for three miles and the park is
      on the left.

      From the West: Take I-70 east to exit 35. Bear right onto Rt. 66
      (follow signs).
      Go straight to the stoplight at the intersection of Rt. 40. Turn left
      onto Rt. 40 east. Follow for two miles and the park is on the right.

      Greenbrier State Park
      21843 National Pike
      Boonsboro, MD 21713-9535

      Park Phone: 301-791-4767