The river level for tomorrow's paddle

  • bobc
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2010
      A number of paddlers have been inquiring about the river level.

      At our paddling location, the upstream gauge is at 1.7 feet and the downstream gauge is at 2.6 feet.

      The NWS Advanced Hydrologic Prediction Service reports that the above listed levels will remain unchanged through the next 48 hours. Our paddle is in 24 hours.

      This means that the river is low, it will stay low, and that motor boaters will have problems.

      Paddlers will have absolutely no problems paddling at our location and their boats will hit no rocks or any other objects along the way.

      This is the time of year when canoeists and kayakers own the river.

      It will be sunny and clear on Saturday, with a high of 86 degrees. SYOTR.