Trip Report, Potomac River Paddle, 11-29-2009

  • bobc
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2009
      Today, we once again had the boat ramp, the parking lot, and, of course, the entire river to ourselves. This is why autumn is such a special, peaceful time on the People's River.

      It was quite warm, in the low 60s, and the water was quite calm yet darker than usual, as we went on our eight-mile journey.

      Steve found a large white barrel floating in the river, so he towed it to Snyder's Landing.

      At our obligatory rest stop at Barron's Store, at Snyder's Landing, we took our lunch break, and we socialized with John, Renay, and Moses the Wonderdog. Moses has now taken on a new activity, as he plays basketball. Albeit he has a unique dribbling style, he is nonetheless the best canine basketball player at Snyder's Landing.

      From an athletic standpoint, whereby drooling and dribbling are perfectly synchronized, Moses would been a sure winner for the Rural Family of the Week Award. However, since John raced in his vehicle down the boat ramp to get the white barrel, against the wishes and better sense of Renay, whereby a barrel once disdained by rednecks has been transformed into a rain barrel, he wins the Rural Family of the Week Award.

      It was a great day on the river, a river that was here before us and will be after us.

      The pictures with their captions have been posted in the Photos section of our web site in a photo album entitled "11-29-2009" at: