Event Report - Autumn House Party

  • bobc
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2009
      It was a truly enjoyable evening. We did not paddle, yet we nonetheless spent our time beside the People's River at our favorite ice cream store that was turned into a party home. We enjoyed great food, captivating conversation, and warm camaraderie.

      While Moses the wonderdog was initially banished from the party, since it was an established fact that all came to see him, he was eventually allowed back in the abode so that the guests would have the undeniable privilege of petting him.

      It was a change of season rather than an end of season party. That is, it simply signified the transition from warm water paddling to cold water paddling.

      Just because the river changes its looks and its personality, in its annual metamorphoses from a verdant and lush and exciting river into a gray and bare and calm body of water, we do not abandon it. We merely connect with it differently, and actually respect it more. As it transitions from one season into another, with the passing of time, it is still our beloved river. Even though it may look unfamiliar in its wintry appearance, once we touch it, a recognizable sense of being home returns. Much like the faithful dog Argos felt, when he finally saw his master Odysseus return, after faithfully waiting for him so long.

      We wish to thank John & Renay for their warm hospitality, for always opening up their place to us, and for tolerating such a motley crew. Godspeed to all.