Potomac River Paddle, 10-5-2008, Brunswick to Monocacy

  • Bob Cianflone
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2008
      On Sunday, October 5, 2008, we will paddle from the Brunswick
      Campground to the Mouth of the Monocacy. This is a 12-mile flatwater
      trip. There may be some ripples along the way, but no rapids. We
      will travel one-way, with the current. It will not be one of our
      usual up-and-back trips, but solely a one-way trip. This will be the
      third trip we do this year utilizing a shuttle, and I am not going to
      say it is the last one.

      On Sunday, then, it will be sunny, with a high of 73 degrees. There
      will be a negligible wind, of about 3 MPH. According to the river
      gauges, the river level is low, averaging 2 to 3 feet. The sunrise
      will be at 7:11 AM and the sunset will be at 6:46 PM. It will be a
      beautiful autumn day.

      Since this is a shuttle trip, I need definite RSVPs for this trip.
      It will be done on a first-come, first-served basis, based on the
      number of paddlers we can accomodate. Specific meeting location
      and other logistical details will be provided with a firm RSVP. This
      trip is appropriate for canoes and for kayaks.

      All paddlers are asked to bring food and water. We will have a
      picnic lunch at the Mouth of the Catoctin Creek.

      The entire trip will last approximately from 10 AM to 5 PM, but it
      could last longer due to shuttling.