Welcome, tell us about yourself!

  • Jan AQ
    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 15 8:08 AM
      Welcome new members to the group! I can see you guys trickling in one
      by one, why don't you introduce yourselves? :)

      Here's some questions to help: (and old members, you can fill it out
      too if you want. Just remember: family friendly rating!)

      Hello, who are you?

      How long have you been in the Harry Potter fandom?

      What are you usually up to in the fandom? (writing, reading, lurking
      spookily, maybe eating chocolate frogs?)

      How'd you get into Snape and Harry gen fics?

      What Snape and Harry gen relationships do you like best? And genres?

      How'd you find Potions and Snitches? (Sorry, I'm curious!)

      Do you have any recs you want to share? Favourite sites?

      What's a story plot that you'd LOVE to read (doesn't have to exist
      but can)

      What other fandoms are you into?

      If you had a chocolate frog, what would be the first part you ate?

      If you could have a potion, any potion you wanted, what would it be?

      There's a Quidditch match, where would you most likely be?

      Finally, if there was one thing you could get out of Potions and
      Snitches, what would it be?

      ...And that's enough spam for now. :)
    • Katerina
      Message 2 of 16 , Sep 15 11:55 PM
        Ah I always wanted to know more but I shudder to discover your
        emotional world. (Wow that was Snape-ish and I was kidding)

        Ok gladly I will answer.

        1. Hi I am Kathlin, a.k.a preety-lady-serenity. I am turning 20 at
        the 2nd of October and I am studying English Literature and
        Linguistics. I have a very peculiar sense of humour and chocolate
        is my favourite. Happy to cover that.

        2. I discovered the books in 1999 (a year after the CoS was
        published) and I am hooked on the Harry Potter world ever since.
        Sometimes it seems like yesterday that I discovered the books and
        sometimes I feel old. (Generaly not too old for the books) Yet I
        started reading fanfics after OotP.

        3. What I do in the fandom. I write fanfics (duh its my favourite
        past-time) and draw fanarts (that only my friends see. Other are
        hillarious and others are not)

        4. It was after the OotP when I started reading fanfics. At first I
        would read only Snape fanfics (but let's get real, almost every
        Snape fanfic is somehow related to Harry) and then I was curious to
        see Snape/Harry fanfics and had a go at it.

        5. I like the Harry/Snape student/mentor fanfics and Snape/Harry
        guardian fanfics. I also find Harry-becomes-Snape's-gaurdina very
        entertaining. Genres? Am, humourous are my favourite and some
        angst is my favourite. I slightly despise too much Harry-torture
        from the Dursleys. I hate when such things happen to children.

        6. I think it is a very good site and you know how to construct
        it. Finding a story is very accessible.

        7. Though I cannot give any other links. I am giving your site a
        present. I have given it to others. I have the famously deleted
        scene from PoA movie. What happened? During the Everybody-Sleeps-
        In-The-Great-Hall-Scene Alan Rickman (Snape) decided to play a
        practical joke on Daniel Radcliffe (Harry) and shoved a whoopy-
        cushion in the boy's sleeping-bag. When Daniel moved the whoopy-
        cushion went off. In the deleted scene you see Alan Rickman rolling
        on the floor with laughter. So I am giving this to you.

        8. I can't think of one now. Usually when I think of such a thing,
        I go on and write it.

        9. I am still into Sailormoon (embarassing as it may be) because I
        started writing fanfics for it and it was a mean to discover my
        creative self.

        10. I would eat the head. I know some find it icky but I guerss
        that I am savage.

        11. Okay difficult question. I guess it is more fun to brew them
        than own them.

        12. I will be on the stands, cheering people and shouting my head
        off.

        13. Good stories. Because good stories equal good mental images.

        Oof finished!

        Kathlin
      • sophieebony
        Message 3 of 16 , Sep 18 1:52 AM
          Hello!

          Finally somebody asked about people who post here.
          Hmmmm..... maybe later you will answer by yourself?
          Ok here I am.

          1. Hullo I am Sophie Ebony. This is not any nickname. I trully name
          such. I am not native speaker so I am sorry if I make some
          grammar/vocabulary mistakes. Right now I am 18 and I am planning to
          be a make up artist. I like this world ( people PLEASE I am not some
          Barbie Doll Girl and I am not obsess about it!!) and I am planning to
          work for the best.
          2. I am slash fan and it started when I was 13/14. At the beginning I
          read in my country language ( polish ) but later I switched on
          english.
          3. I am planning to write some fanfiction but well... they are not
          best. I am reading and reviewing stories. I like to see if there are
          some mistakes or what does not make sense. Than I am showing this to
          author.
          4. You mean on this group? I just looked in research about Severus
          and Harry and here we have a clan about them^^
          When I was 14 I totally obsessed about Severus. I thoughed that I am
          only one so I did not told anyone but later after some research I saw
          that people LOVE our Snarky Snape.
          5. I love Severitus, Snape/Harry, Severus is Harry's guardian. I
          don't care if Dursleys are abusing boy, I read almost all fics about
          them.
          I despite books 5th and 6th so after the last one I just CANNOT read
          fics. In my opinion 6th books is awful and fics after this book I am
          not reading.
          Also I don't like when Harry is shoutign on Snape like "oh you killed
          my godfather I want to kill you!". Harry grow up!
          6. I looked for research.
          7. Sites? You mean websites? I am looking on fanfiction net all the
          time. Do Characters: Snape, Harry; rate M and you have lovely fics.
          8. Nope.
          9. Just worte it. Look up;)
          10. livejouranls, fanfiction.net, hpfandom
          11. I will pick a leg. Just to see if is good.
          12. Hmmm... just like KAthlin said it is much more fun to brew if
          than have it. But if I have to... so it would be a Calm Potion.
          13. Looking from a tower how people fly.
          14. Good writen stories and lots of authors who knows how to write.

          SophieEbony
        • Jan AQ
          Message 4 of 16 , Sep 22 9:56 AM
            Ah, only 2 responses? I guess most of the new people are lurkers. :)
            If you want to answer it, do.

            Okay Sophie, you asked for it.

            Hello, who the heck are you?
            I'm Jan. Padawan Jan_AQ. I picked Padawan as part of my nickname back
            in 2001 when I was really into Star Wars Obi-wan and Qui-gon gen
            fics, partly to show my age and partly because I couldn't be a Jedi-
            that would be pretentious and also impossible, you can't really be
            one but I figured maybe I could be a "Learner". :)

            How long have you been in the Harry Potter fandom?
            Since 1999 I think, maybe 2000-2001.

            What are you usually up to in the fandom?
            I'm usually searching through stories, working on the website,
            talking to my fandom friends, researching stuff, and trying to make
            all my groups fun and useful.

            How'd you get into Snape and Harry gen fics?
            You know, I'm not really sure. I'm going to guess that it happened
            something like this: After I read Harry Potter book, I think it was
            2, I wanted to read more and I knew what fan fiction was so I hopped
            over to fanfiction.net (or maybe I found a HP story in the recs or
            story list of a Star Wars author and was curious?) and checked out
            the Harry Potter category- boy was I surprised! It's still one of the
            biggest (ok, THE biggest) category out there. I didn't know where to
            start, I think I browsed the recently added list looking for
            something good, but ended up just looking through good Author's
            favourites. And as it turned out, a lot of people were writing Snape
            and Harry fics and reccing them.

            What Snape and Harry gen relationships do you like best? And genres?
            Guardian. I love hurt/comfort (but not just ANY h/c), but I also love
            those tension filled stories and scenes where Snape and Harry
            absolutely hate each other and Snape's a jerk. E.M. Snape's In Blood
            Only comes to mind.

            How'd you find Potions and Snitches?
            Umm, hehe. I'll tell you how it came to be since this question
            doesn't really apply. About 2 years ago I started to make a list of
            my favourite Harry Potter stories. Since i had read so much, I didn't
            want to loose the good ones, or ones that were good but weren't
            updated frequently. :) After spending so much time on the list, I
            decided to upload it to a webpage so that I would never lose it, no
            matter how many times the computer had to be wiped or discs
            disapeared. Once it was up, I figured that maybe I should share the
            list becasue there really was no way to find a lot of good Snape and
            Harry stories besides spending hours searching through Author
            favourites. And then after I got a lot of visitors to my little site,
            and created this yahoo group for story recs, Animealam was interested
            in making another fanfiction archive and I said that she could use
            the "Potions and Snitches" name if she wanted to. But with my
            personal work ethic, I couldn't just let someone work on something
            that was kind of mine, so I worked on it too and made all the little
            groups and communities for the site. And thus ends "the History of
            Potions and Snitches 101". XD

            Do you have any recs you want to share? Favourite sites?
            I have to mention "Remembrance and Renewal". Avatar Arkmage and Nigel
            T are both great guys and awesome writers. Their story was deleted
            from fanfiction.net a couple of weeks ago. They will probably be
            reposting the story with corrections on FFN in a couple of weeks or
            more, but they had always been planning on posting a different
            version on other sites too.

            Nigel is busy directing and posting the version found on Potions and
            Snitches called "Resurgence of Remembrance". Summary: Revised, R-
            rated version. When the negligence of the Dursleys nearly leads to
            Harry's demise, his disembodied form wanders through non-linear time,
            and discovers truths about Severus Snape, his true biological father.
            Can they unite against a common foe, or do their wounds run too deep?
            http://www.potionsandsnitches.net/eFiction1.1/viewstory.php?sid=603
            I believe that this can also be found on Skyehawke, and it's probably
            more along there as I think they are playing catch up on P&S. :)

            Avatar will still be directing the PG13 version, which i believe will
            be reposted to FFN with minor corrections and changes. They are in
            the process of making an animated finale movie for the story. Good
            luck guys! They also have a livejournal if you ever want to talk to
            them. http://www.livejournal.com/users/avatar_nigel/

            And now i'll share some of my favourite sites, well more like
            interesting sites that not many people will have recced before.

            -These plushies are really cute:
            http://www.orderofmerlin.com/generic10.html

            -This to me is quite funny (at least Ron's hair is right)
            http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000649DP.01.PT03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

            -here's an image gallery of Snape from COS
            http://www.jareth.com/movie2.html

            -Dictionary of English slang and colloquialisms of the UK
            http://www.peevish.co.uk/slang/

            -Potter Puppet Pals' (http://www.potterpuppetpals.com/) Snape's
            potion song
            http://members.lycos.nl/likwi/potion.htm

            -Harry Potter Candy Review Page
            http://anneke.hispeed.com/HPstuff/main.html

            What's a story plot that you'd LOVE to read (doesn't have to exist
            but can)
            What I really want now is originality. There are only so many ways
            Harry can be "rescued" from the Dursleys, or do Occlumency. Something
            new and different please, don't follow the blue print that everyone
            else is. :)

            What other fandoms are you into?
            Star Trek, Star Wars, Batman, Kung Fu:TLC, DBZ

            If you had a chocolate frog, what would be the first part you ate?
            Probably it's head. Gruesome, I know, but the head is probably a big
            chunk of chocolate and biting it's head off might make the rest of it
            stop moving. Ew, I just had a thought: what if when you bite off it's
            head, it's tounge flaps out into your mouth and stuff... maybe I
            should rethink this.

            If you could have a potion, any potion you wanted, what would it be?
            I'd probably want a potion that would give me magic healing powers,
            so that I could either heal other people with deadly injuries or
            diseases, or heal myself from everything all of the time. Or maybe
            like instant fame so I could go on talk shows and get people to
            donate money to stop poverty, and get designers to make me pretty
            dresses so I could go to all those red carpet events and look
            pretty. ;) Hmm, but if it had to be a potion from the HP world that
            we know fictionally exists, probably Pepper up Potion because i want
            to know what it feels like when steam comes out of your ears.

            There's a Quidditch match, where would you most likely be?
            Oh, I'd be a chaser, definitely. I used to play a guard in basketball
            and in the Harry Potter World Quidditch game, I ROCK with my chasers.
            (I stink as a seeker, I'll be following the snitch for MINUTES,
            trying to catch it over and over again and then my brother, who was
            way behind me, comes up, misses twice, and STILL gets the snitch!)

            Finally, if there was one thing you could get out of Potions and
            Snitches, what would it be?
            XD I just want all the groups to active, and for everyone to really
            like it as a resource and a place to talk with people. I'd love for
            awesome stories to come out of it, but we'll see. :)

            And that's it for me! Anyone who still hasn't done this little intro
            survey thing is welcome to do it. :)

            Jan
          • Daeshie O'Rivers
            Message 5 of 16 , Sep 22 10:40 AM
              --- Jan AQ <jan_aq3@...> wrote:

              > Ah, only 2 responses? I guess most of the new people are lurkers. :)
              > If you want to answer it, do.
              >
              > Okay Sophie, you asked for it.
              >

              > Hello, who the heck are you?
              >Daeshie, bored out of my sadistic mind
              >
              > How long have you been in the Harry Potter fandom?
              > 2003
              >
              > What are you usually up to in the fandom?
              > reading, a bit of writing, and finding good authors
              >
              > How'd you get into Snape and Harry gen fics?
              >it's all mione5's fault with that fic "harry potter and the heir of the
              four founders"

              > What Snape and Harry gen relationships do you like best? And genres?
              >hurt/comfort, snape finds harry when harry is either young or on the
              streets

              > How'd you find Potions and Snitches?
              > someone's c2, forgot who, maybe firestar, the dudette that wrote comfort
              from the unexpected

              > Do you have any recs you want to share? Favourite sites?
              > erm...go to silverbirch29's livejournal, she has lots of good recs
              somewhere in her memories

              > What's a story plot that you'd LOVE to read (doesn't have to exist
              > but can)
              > erm, remus finally pops up and TALKS to harry for once

              > What other fandoms are you into?
              > no comment, i'm horribley stuck in hp fandom
              >
              > If you had a chocolate frog, what would be the first part you ate?
              > left leg

              > If you could have a potion, any potion you wanted, what would it be?
              > aging potion so i can finally be legaly alowwed to publish! *GRR, hate
              you stupid editors*

              > There's a Quidditch match, where would you most likely be?
              > beater, get out all that aggression
              >
              > Finally, if there was one thing you could get out of Potions and
              > Snitches, what would it be?
              > lurkers, come out and play!

              ~Daeshie~

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • Nita
              Message 6 of 16 , Sep 22 8:01 PM
                Hey Jan!!

                I really am glad you did this intro!!  I was wondering what had happened to that story Remembrance and Renewal...I had it bookmarked and then all of a sudden it was gone!  I can't believe that ff.net does its authors this way!  If I had written a story with that many chapters to it and then all of a sudden it got deleted, I really do think I would have to make life really difficult for that site.  I wanted to have my say to them back when Aspen's story A Year Like None Other was deleted...but for some reason I didn't.  Now this story has become an unnecessay victim...I just don't understand it all.  I mean, they (ff.net) let these people post stories with same sex relationships and mulitple partners, male pregnancy???, and other perversions, yet they seem to delete things for such scandelous reasons as "using song lyrics", or several other infractions that seem to be so silly and rediculous...I suppose if I knew what the rules are, I could understand things better, but after hearing several biased opinions on the subject, I may never know!!

                Thanks for your recommendations.  Here's mine.  Shadowarwen's trilogy of Somewhere I Belong I (complete), SIB II (complete), and SIB III (WIP).  These are located on ff.net and I'm kind of partial to these stories!!  Ever since about the 18th chapter of SIB II, I've been Amy's beta, and she made me the moderator of her Yahoo group!!  I've been having so much fun!!!

                Gotta go to sleep!  Talk to you later!!    Nita

                Message 7 of 16 , Sep 23 12:22 AM
                  The deletions on FFN are automatic, I believe. Someone reports a fic and it gets pulled.

                  You should a link to add Arwen's group. :) I think that members are able to add links, but I'll go check and make sure.

                  Chocolate frogs,

                  Jan

                  Nita <nitamantooth@...> wrote:
                  ...I just don't understand it all.  I mean, they (ff.net) let these people post stories with same sex relationships and mulitple partners, male pregnancy???, and other perversions, yet they seem to delete things for such scandelous reasons as "using song lyrics", or several other infractions that seem to be so silly and rediculous...I suppose if I knew what the rules are, I could understand things better, but after hearing several biased opinions on the subject, I may never know!!

                  ... I've been Amy's beta, and she made me the moderator of her Yahoo group!!  I've been having so much fun!!!

                  Gotta go to sleep!  Talk to you later!!    Nita

                  http://mail.yahoo.com

                • Fernanda Porcel
                  Message 8 of 16 , Sep 23 7:18 AM
                    Ok, ok. I'll answer! Don't make me swallow Veritaserum! lol.

                    Hello, who are you?
                    My name is Fernanda a.k.a. FerPotter a.k.a. ferporcel and I'm 26. I live in
                    Brazil.

                    How long have you been in the Harry Potter fandom?
                    As a fan, for about a year. As a fanfiction writer, for 3 months (?)

                    What are you usually up to in the fandom? (writing, reading, lurking
                    spookily, maybe eating chocolate frogs?)
                    I'm an avid reader and a new writer.

                    How'd you get into Snape and Harry gen fics?
                    Reading Resonance by greengecko. Awesome fic! After that I was really
                    interested on Harry/Snape gen fics, especially Severitus and
                    Snape-adopts-Harry.

                    What Snape and Harry gen relationships do you like best? And genres?
                    I like Snape-adopts-Harry better. It's more... let's say 'canon'... than
                    Severitus, which is my second best relationship. They can be angst,
                    hurt/confort... I just don't like when there's too much Dursley abuse.

                    How'd you find Potions and Snitches? (Sorry, I'm curious!)
                    On ff.net C2

                    Do you have any recs you want to share? Favourite sites?
                    Well, my only fic is not HP/SS gen, it's SS/HG actually, so I won't rec it.
                    I'll rec Resonance (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1795399/1/) for those who
                    haven't read it yet (if such person exists!), its sequel Revolution
                    (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2569561/1/), which is while in progress and the
                    Somewhere I Belong series by shadowarwen
                    (http://www.fanfiction.net/u/252917/). On Severitus I'll rec Knew Father by
                    ImperialJedi (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2452849/1/) which is quite a twist
                    on the whole Severus is Harry father because Harry knew and Occlude the
                    information from Snape, it's also not finished.

                    What's a story plot that you'd LOVE to read (doesn't have to exist but can)
                    I'd love to read a post-HPB Sevitus! That's a chalenge! I've found some good
                    Snape-mentors-Harry, but none Sevitus or Severitus yet. Did someone?

                    What other fandoms are you into?
                    None

                    If you had a chocolate frog, what would be the first part you ate?
                    The head! lol

                    If you could have a potion, any potion you wanted, what would it be?
                    Well, this is a difficult one. Maybe Felix Felicis for the day I'll present
                    my thesis at the University...

                    There's a Quidditch match, where would you most likely be?
                    At the stands. I've tried all kinds of sports and never got the hang of any,
                    but I like to watch!

                    Finally, if there was one thing you could get out of Potions and Snitches,
                    what would it be?
                    Good writen and very original stories!

                    That's it!

                    FerPotter

                    - Keep Cool, But Don't Freeze -
                    Helmann's Mayonnaise
                  • jkayheath
                    Message 9 of 16 , Sep 23 10:40 AM
                      Hello, who are you?

                      My name is Judy. I am old enough to know better, but feel young
                      enough not to care.

                      How long have you been in the Harry Potter fandom?

                      About one year

                      What are you usually up to in the fandom? (writing, reading, lurking
                      spookily, maybe eating chocolate frogs?)

                      Reading, wish I could write, but not very good at it.

                      How'd you get into Snape and Harry gen fics?

                      Snape is one of my favorite characters.

                      What Snape and Harry gen relationships do you like best? And genres?

                      Mentors, guardianships but will read any well written story.

                      How'd you find Potions and Snitches? (Sorry, I'm curious!)

                      Mostly likely on someone profile. I am always looking for the best
                      stories to read and look to see what the authors are reading.

                      Do you have any recs you want to share? Favourite sites?

                      Reasonance by GreekGecko
                      Paradigm Shift by Rock Lobster
                      One Good Turn by empathicsiren
                      The Cupboard by enahma
                      Newer Alone, Never Again by Bored Beyond Belief

                      What's a story plot that you'd LOVE to read (doesn't have to exist
                      but can)

                      Good question. Let me think about that one.

                      What other fandoms are you into?

                      None

                      If you had a chocolate frog, what would be the first part you ate?
                      Mostly likely the head.

                      If you could have a potion, any potion you wanted, what would it be?

                      A potion that well let me become a writer as well as a reader.

                      There's a Quidditch match, where would you most likely be?

                      In the stands watching. I do not play sports.

                      Finally, if there was one thing you could get out of Potions and
                      Snitches, what would it be?

                      Friendships of other people who share my love of reading. And
                      secondly recommendations of great stories to read and where to find
                      them.

                      Thanks to you all.

                      I love this group.

                      Judy
                    • jkayheath

                        Message 11 of 16 , Sep 23 3:27 PM
                          Hi Jan!!

                          How do I add the link for Shadowarwen's group?  Here's the addy if you want to do yourself...

                          I know Amy will be thrilled to be added to your list.  Amy (Shadowarwen) has been working so hard on these stories, and she updates every two weeks almost without fail!!

                          As for your fic archive site, I still think it's about the best site out there.  I've read a lot of the stories on your site and on your lists, and I can't wait to find some more!!

                          See ya,  Nita

                        • Jan AQ
                          Message 12 of 16 , Sep 23 5:48 PM
                            I went ahead and added the link as well as some others. :) The settings
                            should allow members to add links by visiting the group online and
                            going to the Links section and just adding them. But I can't test that
                            exactly as I'm a mod. XD So umm just try it whenever you want to add
                            something and let me know if it doesn't work.

                            Chocolate frogs,

                            Jan

                            --- In PotionsandSnitches@yahoogroups.com, "Nita" <nitamantooth@c...>
                            wrote:
                            > Hi Jan!!
                            >
                            > How do I add the link for Shadowarwen's group? Here's the addy if
                            you want to do yourself...

                          • Nita
                            Message 13 of 16 , Sep 23 7:08 PM
                              Thanks Jan!!  I appreciate you doing that!!  Since I took over as Amy's moderator, her members have doubled!!!  I've been working hard to come up with some things to get our group active, but so far, most everyone is just lurking!  I guess time will tell!!

                              See ya!  Nita

                              wrote:
                              > Hi Jan!!
                              >
                              > How do I add the link for Shadowarwen's group?  Here's the addy if
                              you want to do yourself...

                            • Felicia Salomao
                              Message 14 of 16 , Sep 26 2:36 PM
                                Hello, who are you?
                                My name is Felicia, I just turned 19 last week, I`m from Brazil.

                                How long have you been in the Harry Potter fandom?
                                I read HP since 2000 but I really started to be a fan and read fanfic in 2001.

                                What are you usually up to in the fandom? (writing, reading, lurking
                                spookily, maybe eating chocolate frogs?)

                                Reading, I'm writing a story at the moment but I'm not sure if I'll post, if I do I will need a really patient beta!

                                How'd you get into Snape and Harry gen fics?
                                After I read Rose Potter and the Fall of Darkness I started to look everywhere for Snape and became a Harry/Severus fan

                                What Snape and Harry gen relationships do you like best? And genres?

                                All of then

                                How'd you find Potions and Snitches? (Sorry, I'm curious!)

                                I really don't remember but I think I was looking for groups to put a story and someone told me about it.

                                Do you have any recs you want to share? Favourite sites?
                                I really love all of Minx stories but my favorite at the moment is a Severitus story called "The Blood Connection" by Viscountess (I'm not sure if I spelled the authors name right)

                                What's a story plot that you'd LOVE to read (doesn't have to exist
                                but can)

                                Anything after HBP where everything is alright. Albus alive and Severus on the good side

                                What other fandoms are you into?

                                I read anything but Harry/Draco

                                If you had a chocolate frog, what would be the first part you ate?
                                I have no idea

                                If you could have a potion, any potion you wanted, what would it be?

                                one that would take away from here for a while

                                There's a Quidditch match, where would you most likely be?

                                Playing as a beater.

                                Finally, if there was one thing you could get out of Potions and
                                Snitches, what would it be?

                                no idea

                                     With Love,
                                        Felicia Riddle

                                http://mail.yahoo.com

                              • Saphire Starlet
                                Message 15 of 16 , Sep 26 4:27 PM

                                  Hello, who are you?
                                  I'm Madeline from NY... 16 soon to be 17

                                  How long have you been in the Harry Potter fandom?
                                  I've been in it since it was read to me in '94 (when the first book came out and JKR was a 'nobody') since then, I've followed ff and the books

                                  What are you usually up to in the fandom? (writing, reading, lurking
                                  spookily, maybe eating chocolate frogs?)

                                  Writing and reading... haven't been doing much writing lately *cowers from angry reviewers demanding updates* lol... should probably get back to that soon...

                                  How'd you get into Snape and Harry gen fics?
                                  After the 5th book and I read Aspen in the Sunlight's 'A Year Like None Other'

                                  What Snape and Harry gen relationships do you like best? And genres?

                                  Not slash, absolutely NO SLASH!  Everything else?  Purr-fect!

                                  How'd you find Potions and Snitches? (Sorry, I'm curious!)

                                  After I went to your bio page after reading Muggleville(?)  I'm a curious person.

                                  Do you have any recs you want to share? Favourite sites?
                                  Anything by Jocelyn (especially Harry Potter and the Battle of Wills), A Year Like None Other... and a lot of others...

                                  What's a story plot that you'd LOVE to read (doesn't have to exist
                                  but can)

                                  Something where Snape does something in the books... or Harry in Slytherin w/ Snape.

                                  What other fandoms are you into?

                                  PHANTOM OF THE OPERA!!!!

                                  If you had a chocolate frog, what would be the first part you ate?
                                  Head!

                                  If you could have a potion, any potion you wanted, what would it be?

                                  Felix Felicies (?), and a lot of it!

                                  There's a Quidditch match, where would you most likely be?

                                  Chaser!

                                  Finally, if there was one thing you could get out of Potions and
                                  Snitches, what would it be?
                                  A lot of new never seen before Snape and Harry fics!

                                       Mads

                                • Starangel
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Sep 26 8:01 PM
                                    Hello, who are you?
                                    Starnagel(2106) aka. Angie

                                    How long have you been in the Harry Potter fandom?
                                    oh goodness I can't remember, hmmm I made an account in '03 If I'm not mistaken.

                                    What are you usually up to in the fandom? (writing, reading, lurking
                                    spookily, maybe eating chocolate frogs?)

                                    reading!...reviewing, although they're lame b/c I just ran out of things to really say.  Um I do write but my stories I don't like and need redone. and the one I'm working on in my little free time won't be posted until it's finished

                                    How'd you get into Snape and Harry gen fics?
                                    funnily enough I wrote a 7th heaven fanfic and someone reviewed who had two hp stories. I had told myself when I got to ffn I wouldn't read anything hp.  Well I would read my reviewers stories and bam as the one Snape was an uncle I believe. :D  (in her favorites was Ms. Padfoot's story and who doesn't just love that story?)

                                    What Snape and Harry gen relationships do you like best? And genres?

                                    hmmm not sure I like a lot...but I'm pretty picky about how they're written...

                                    How'd you find Potions and Snitches? (Sorry, I'm curious!)

                                    Ummm,Jan told me?

                                    Do you have any recs you want to share? Favourite sites?
                                    Harry's Savior by shadowsylvia (different but not just Harry and Snape, wonderful!) ummm I dunno...if you really want some ask me and I can find some I'm sure

                                    What's a story plot that you'd LOVE to read (doesn't have to exist
                                    but can)

                                    I'd really like to read one like Harry's Savior only w/ snape being the 'shrink' and I dunno...

                                    What other fandoms are you into?

                                    Strong Medicine (by one person) and Christy

                                    If you had a chocolate frog, what would be the first part you ate?
                                    um, I wouldn't eat the whole thing, I'd probably go for the foot first.

                                    If you could have a potion, any potion you wanted, what would it be?

                                    oh gosh, I'd want a potion that could make me as rich as I needed to be to help everyone else in the world.

                                    There's a Quidditch match, where would you most likely be?

                                    Umm dunno...perhaps chaser...honestly I'm not sure...

                                    Finally, if there was one thing you could get out of Potions and
                                    Snitches, what would it be?

                                    fun. :D

                                    Angie

                                    "If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun" ~Katherin Hepburn

                                    "Someone's opinion of you does not have become your reality." ~Les Brown

                                    It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are." ~e.e. cummings

                                    http://mail.yahoo.com